Vice Principal - Teaching Learning and Assessment
St Edward's Church of England Academy, Leek, Staffordshire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Lead Practitioners range 13 to Lead Practitioners range 17, £55,202 to £60,895|
From September 2020, we are seeking to appoint a Vice Principal for Teaching, Learning and Assessment who possesses the qualities to lead a dynamic, enthusiastic and committed team of practitioners, in order to secure the highest possible standards in teaching, learning and outcomes. The successful applicant will be part of a staff team who are driven and forward thinking.
The post is an ideal opportunity for an ambitious individual who is not only highly motivated, but also an inspiring practitioner whose inclusive and enthusiastic practice generates a desire to succeed in all pupils.
Essential educational requirements
Degree or higher degree level
Qualified Teacher Status
Evidence of training and relevant qualifications in education
Leadership and Management
Senior Management Qualification
Essential skills and experience
• Lead on ensuring all areas of Teaching Learning and Assessment remain good or better
• To work with Governors and leaders to ensure that the Academy's strategic aims and objectives are implemented and are consistent with our 10:10 vision.
• Ensure that effective and responsive planning processes are in place and advise and direct leaders in agreeing and achieving robust targets and quality standards
• Lead by example and act as a role model for staff and pupils
• Lead on coaching and CPD
• Ensure the production of reports, statistics and other documentation as required by the Principal
• Ensure that the Academy fulfils the various statutory and other requirements of government funding and other external agencies in the delivery of the curriculum.
• Ensure that effective quality systems and procedures are in place to ensure pupil entitlement and encourage and facilitate continuous improvement in quality standards and performance within the extended curriculum
We offer a fully supportive environment that is committed to the continuing professional development of all staff together with their personal wellbeing. More specifically, leadership development is a key focus at St Edward’s and the successful candidate would have access to further training in this area.
|School type||Academy, Church of England|
|Education phase||Middle Deemed Secondary|
|School size||724 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||9 to 13|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||St Edward's Church of England Academy website (opens in a new window)|
Westwood Road, Leek, Staffordshire, ST13 8DN