Vocational Instructor Mechanics/Design Technology
This job expired on 18 July 2022
Job start date
5 September 2022
18 July 2022 at 12pm (midday)
29 June 2022
- View all Full timejobs, View all Term timejobs
- 37 hours per week
Full-time equivalent salary
- F29 – F 34, £28,504.00 - £33,121.00 pro rata
Vocational Instructor Mechanics/Design Technology job summary
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The Shoreline Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 5 to 16
- School size
- 20 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 5 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The Shoreline Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
The Shoreline Academy is located in North Devon. There are two sites, one located in Barnstaple for secondary pupils and the other located in Bideford.
Our Bideford site hosts our Primary and Nurture pupils; we aim to focus on emotional needs and development in a whole-academy environment. We recognise that all children are different and learn at different rates. Individuals should feel supported and challenged in their learning. Sometimes children face barriers to learning; in a Nurturing environment staff provide support, guidance, and model positive relationships.
Our aim is to work closely with primary and secondary schools in North Devon and beyond to provide support to the most vulnerable pupils.
Our pupils come to us at various points throughout their schooling, usually as a result of their school placement having broken down. Our purpose is to support pupils to create an environment where everyone can grow and develop, as they become responsible citizens and lifelong learners. Our role is to help pupils get back on track, either through a transition to a more permanent education setting or, for our older pupils, by completing Year 11 with The Shoreline Academy.
We work closely with a diverse range of outside agencies both statutory and voluntary so that our pupils and their families can access the support and guidance they need. We are committed to tailoring our curriculum to meet the needs of our pupils, developing a range of skills knowledge, attitudes and understanding so all our pupils can aspire to reach their full potential.
Wave Trust: Who We Are
Wave are an established and successful Multi Academy Trust, comprising of Alternative Provision Academies (APAs), Medical Academies (including Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust’s child and adolescent mental health unit ‘Sowenna’) all rated Good/Outstanding by OFSTED and 2 Special Academies (including one in pre-opening).
We provide education for vulnerable pupils aged 4 – 19 across Devon, Cornwall and we are expanding to Somerset with our special free school. The Trust has a national reputation for the delivery of outstanding pupil outcomes including enabling pupils to access the most appropriate education setting and transition to employment, training and higher or further education. The Trust educates over 1000 pupils and employs over 350 members of staff.
We Aim To
• Provide a balanced and broad curriculum that promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of pupils and prepares them for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
• Give access to the National Curriculum; provide opportunities for external accreditation, and, for those pupils with specific learning difficulties, effective and personalised programmes.
• Ensure all pupils are supported to develop positive attitudes towards themselves and others. Promoting emotional well-being and self-esteem; helping our pupils to recognise their potential and work positively within their community.
• We will respect all pupils and encourage them to become active participants in their own learning, develop confidence, independence, self-esteem and express their needs and desires.
• Seek effective and positive working relationships with pupils’ families, schools and other agencies.
• Enable effective outcomes for our pupils.
Evidence shows that the values we embody empower young people to succeed; these are the values we are looking for when we recruit new staff or work with new stakeholders.
We value positivity, no matter what the circumstances. It is our intention to stay constructive, optimistic and confident both for and with our young people and their families.
We are kind, we have empathy. We consider the consequences of our decisions, large and small on those around us.
We conduct ourselves in ways that earn the trust of those around us. We respect each other and those we work with.
WORK AS ONE TEAM
We depend on teamwork and the relationships we have. When we work together we are stronger. Together we will achieve more.
Everybody is treated fairly and equally; no-one is marginalised or left behind. We are inclusive, we embrace the human spirit. We value diversity of people and thought.
If you feel this role is of interest, we look forward to hearing from you
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Devon, Plymouth and Torbay