18 days remaining to apply
Start date details
September 2023 or January 2024
20 June 2023 at 9am
25 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Business studiesjobs, View all Computingjobs, View all Economicsjobs, View all Health and social carejobs
- View all Full timejobs - 40 hours per week.
- Ark Outside London Main/Upper Pay Scales: £28,704 to £45,437 (pro rata if part-time)
What skills and experience we're looking for
We’re looking for an individual who:
- Can lead by example, through outstanding practice and professionalism
- Has a familiarity with the Princes Trust curriculum, including modules such as employability skills, entrepreneurship, and personal development
- Can plan and deliver creative and engaging lessons, which involve learning outside of the classroom environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively engage and motivate students
- Cares about students, their learning, and their futures
- Can manage behaviour effectively to create a safe, respectful and nurturing environment so that students can focus on learning
What the school offers its staff
What we offer:
- Salary higher than the national pay scales
- Twice as many training days as standard and network-wide events with Ark colleagues, held by the best minds in education
- Weekly staff training designed to meet the needs of the school
- Coaching for every teacher
- Protected co-planning time
- Access to the high-quality, professional development, including nationally recognised qualifications such as the NPQML and NPQSL
- Opportunities to collaborate with colleagues across the network
Further details about the role
will be reviewed as submitted therefore the school reserves the right to close
this advert early and interviews may take place before the advertised closing
date. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply early for this role to
We are excited to welcome applications from enthusiastic teachers whether newly qualified or experienced to join our dynamic, supportive and friendly vocational team, made up of teachers who have a wide range of experience. The department covers a range of subjects at KS3, KS4 and KS5 – Business, Economics, Computer Science, Health and Social Care and Princes Trust.
At Ark Alexandra, we are committed to promoting flexible working and therefore will also consider part-time working for this position.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic about empowering young people through the Princes Trust curriculum by planning and delivering challenging but accessible lessons allowing students to work towards the Level 1 / Level 2 Princes Trust PDE qualification. The candidate should be creative within planning and delivery, considering outside of the classroom activities to add a true to life and vocational content to all learning. The ability to teach a second subject would be desirable and we will aim to work to the strengths of the successful candidate.
For more information please read the job description and person specification in the information pack available for download from the application website.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Ark Alexandra Academy
- School type
- Academy, Church of England, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1454 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Ark Alexandra Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Ark Alexandra is a two-campus secondary academy with a Sixth Form provision in Hastings, East Sussex and is the largest secondary with 6th form in the Ark network. A popular school, we are growing from a 10 to 12 form entry this year, working across a split site, which brings with it unique opportunities for growth and development. At our most recent Ofsted inspection in September 2021, Leadership & Management, Behaviour & Attitudes, Personal Development and Sixth Form were all judged to be Good. Ark Alexandra works closely with our feeder primary schools, Ark Blacklands, Ark Little Ridge and Ark Castledown, all of which have exceptional leadership graded as Outstanding by Ofsted. As a Church of England school, our values of faith, excellence and kindness underpin our ethos, culture and behaviour. We have an inclusive admissions policy that welcomes, without preference, students of all faith and none. Our vision is to create a truly great school for the young people in Hastings. We believe that everyone deserves to be accepted, included, and empowered to live a purposeful and fulfilling life.
Arranging a visit to Ark Alexandra Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email ALEHR@arkalexandra.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Weald of Kent Grammar School
Tudeley Lane, Tonbridge, Kent, TN9 2JP
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Hastings and East Sussex, Brighton and Hove