We need a new teacher to cover maternity leave in our amazing Year 6 team from January 2020
Want a great job in a great school in a great location?
We work hard here, but only on the things that make a difference: we don’t do meaningless paperwork; we don’t grade lessons or monitor your planning. Instead of marking we give feedback in lessons. We are always trying to find smarter ways to do our work.
We only recruit people who are passionate about making a difference to children’s lives, people who challenge themselves to keep on improving. This means our working relationships can be relatively relaxed and informal. People love working here; we are warm, welcoming, positive, supportive and forward looking.
You will be joining a three form entry school with an inclusive ethos based in the sea side town of Weston-super-Mare. We work together to foster children who are compassionate, respectful, happy, tolerant, curious and collaborative as well as academically successful.
We are looking for a teacher who:
• Has a proven record of success as a class teacher and expertise in empowering children to make rapid progress.
• Demonstrates optimism about children and expect the highest possible standards
• Nurtures pupils’ emotional wellbeing
We offer you:
• Sensible and successful systems, based on research, with a commitment to reduce workload where ever possible
• An enhanced PPA offer
• A positive, warm and welcoming working environment
• Experienced, intelligent, lively colleagues
• Family-friendly working practices
• A fantastic location with great transport links
• A strong emphasis on professional learning and teacher development
• A commitment to evidence based practice
• Support and professional development opportunities alongside staff from our Trust family of schools
Closing date for applications: Friday 4th October 2019
Interviews: Thursday 10th October 2019
Visits to the school are strongly recommended and can be arranged via the school office. Application packs can be sent by contacting the school office or from our web site
Ashcombe Primary School is committed to safeguarding all children. Successful candidates will require a DBS clearance and suitable references before commencing employment. We welcome applications from all section of the community, regardless of gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Ashcombe is part of the Kaleidoscope Multi Academy Trust which includes Becket, Christ Church, Hutton, St Martins, Crockerne and Worle Village schools. As part of this arrangement you may be required to work at one of these schools or any additional school that may join the MAT in the future as business dictates.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified teacher status
Qualified teacher status
Essential skills and experience
Good inter-personal skills;
Recent and successful whole-class teaching of KS2 within a mainstream UK school
Clear educational philosophy of how young children learn;
Clear commitment to safeguarding all children
Full commitment to the agreed policies and activities of the school
Good working knowledge of KS2 curriculum
Able to demonstrate a commitment to fundamental British values and an awareness of how these can be promoted in direct work with children
Great classroom behaviour and management skills
We offer staff an enhanced PPA entitlement and a focus on maintaining a healthy work/life balance. We enjoy high standards of pupil behaviour.
About Ashcombe Primary School
- Earlham Grove, Weston-super-Mare, Somerset, BS23 3JW
- Ashcombe Primary School website (opens in a new window)