Are you committed to ensuring the welfare of young people? Have you got the leadership skills to join our school in its mission to ensure all children are kept safe and achieve their personal best?
City Academy Whitehawk is a vibrant two form entry school, proudly serving its East Brighton community. We are a Good school with an Outstanding Early Years (Ofsted 2018). Ahead of the retirement of our highly regarded Welfare Management, we are looking for a skilled, committed professional with the resilience and passion to enhance our diverse, dedicated team. Sustaining and enhancing our inclusion provision is a cornerstone of the ‘Highest Expectations For All’ motto that drives our practice.
About the role
The successful candidate must be able to work with the skill, resilience and compassion that our busy school environment demands, ensuring the wellbeing and welfare of all students and their families across the 3-11yrs age range. Our Welfare Manager will receive a term-long handover, in order that they are able to ensure that our currently highly effective provision is sustained. You will be able to build strong relationships with all stakeholders, and finding child-centred approaches that best support the pupils in our care to make excellent progress.
Our Welfare Manager will be appointed on a full-time basis, attending weekly Professional Development Meetings, Senior Leadership Team Meetings and working closely with our Deputy Headteacher and SENDCo as part of our High Needs Triad. The successful candidate will lead a team of four inclusion mentors and our Attendance Officer.
In return for your commitment, passion and resilience, we are proud to offer you:
- A term working alongside our exceptional Welfare Manager ahead of their retirement this summer
- A high functioning, highly skilled and supportive leadership team who are devoted to improving outcomes for all children and all staff
- Respectful, polite and engaged children who greatly value their school and learning
- A spacious, well equipped and resourced learning environment
- An established and effective bespoke curriculum and accompanying pedagogy guides
- Excellent training and professional development opportunities
- A team of happy, vibrant and energetic teachers and support staff
- A proven record of exceptional welfare and pastoral support
- A culture of collaboration and support within our Aurora Academies Trust network
- Well established working relationships with our external agency colleagues
Candidates are actively encouraged to visit the school to meet our Headteacher and get a feel for the CAW culture we are so proud of. A tour can be arranged by calling the school on 01273 681377 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information about the school can be found on our website -https://www.caw.brighton-hove.sch.uk/
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This job post has expired.