We are looking to appoint, as soon as possible, a fixed term Teaching Assistant ideally with experience of supporting pupils with special educational needs, at Westcliff Primary Academy. We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible and highly motivated individual to work alongside the class teachers, to support children across all areas of the curriculum. The post is for 32.5 hours, but we will consider a job share or more part time applicants. The successful candidate will be required:
- to promote inclusion through the development of social skills, language and emotional wellbeing.
- show a high degree of initiative and be able to react to given situations with integrity and compassion
- to liaise with other professionals both within and outside the school.
You should have a good standard of general education, specifically good numeracy and literacy skills. You will be able to communicate effectively with children and adults, have a flexible attitude and can-do approach. The successful candidate will be friendly and approachable, with a good sense of humour. Experience of supporting children with special educational needs would be desirable.
The role is offered on a fixed term basis to support SEND across the school.
In return we offer:
- The opportunity to work in a progressive and forward-thinking MAT
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee wellbeing programme
- Contributory pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post. Our Child Protection policy can be found on www.westcliffpriacademy.co.uk All shortlisted applicants will be subject to an online search.
Should you require more information about the position, please contact Lewis Webb on firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01626 862444.
This job post has expired.