- Early years, KS1, KS2
- View all Part timejobs, View all Term timejobs
- Hours negotiable
We are flexible on whether candidates are able to commit to just mornings, just afternoon or those able to assist with split shifts.
The care service is open every day from 7.00am – 9.30am and 2:45pm – 6pm.
Annual or full time equivalent salary
- £19,650 to £20,043
- £10.19 to £10.39 per hour
Wrap Around Care Playworker job summary
Post: Wrap Around Care Playworker
School: Totley Primary School
Contract Type: Negotiable hours per week, term time only
Contract Term: Permanent & Fixed term post available
Full time Salary: Grade 3 £19,650 TO £20,043
Hourly rate: £10.19 to £10.39 per hour
Start Date: September 2022
Thank you for taking an interest in this great opportunity to be part of the extended services at Totley Primary School. We are looking for someone who can complement this team who is a self-starter, able to work on their own initiative and who is prepared to work outside their comfort zone from time to time. The sky is the limit though and you will have the chance to be as creative as you like as you grow and develop extended services in the school alongside the established team.
We are looking to appoint a practitioner who is able to provide high quality play support to our children either before or after school (or both). The care service is open every day from 7.00am – 9.30am and 2:45pm – 6pm. We are flexible on whether candidates are able to commit to just mornings, just afternoon or those able to assist with split shifts.
The right candidate will:
- have experience ideally gained within a busy and demanding environment
- have a keen desire in children’s development
- an ability to work using their own initiative
- an alignment to a can-do culture
- the capability to maintain effective relationships
- a high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults
- the talent to adapt to changing situations and learn new skills
- a keen eye for ensuring the safety of our pupils
We are passionate about enabling all our students the very best start in life at Totley Primary School. Great support staff make a difference.
If you have any further information about the post or a visit, please contact Kirsty Ardron Trust Wrap Around Care Manager at email@example.com
Closing Date: Sunday 3 July 2022
Please note we do NOT accept CV’s or Sheffield City Council Application Forms. Please request an application form from firstname.lastname@example.org or download from the school website.
Applying for the job
The Application Process
All candidates must complete the following application process.
• All applicants must submit a Trust application form. We do not accept CVs or Council Forms. The application form can be found under ‘Careers’ at www.merciatrust.co.uk
• Email your completed application to email@example.com or post it to:
MLT Recruitment Team
Mercia Learning Trust
79 Glen Road
Sheffield, S7 1RB
After your application has been submitted:
• In all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage.
• All applications that have been submitted via email will receive an email confirming receipt.
• An email and/or letter will be sent to shortlisted candidates with details of the interview process.
• If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please assume that on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
• Take a look at www.merciatrust.co.uk/careers for more on what it’s like working for the trust, what we offer you, and what we’re looking for.
• Should you require any additional information about the role or the school, or would like an informal discussion or out of hours visit, please contact us on 0114 236 4482 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• For more information about the application process, please email email@example.com.
• Closing Sunday 3 July 2022
• Interviews Friday 8 July 2022
The small print:
Mercia Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. If you are shortlisted, your suitability to work with children will be explored, and this will include disclosing convictions. The information you disclose may be discussed with you during the interview.
More on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
The successful candidate will therefore be required to complete a DBS check in line with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 and the Police Act Regulations.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer. Our staff are recruited and promoted on the basis of their merits and abilities and no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of racial group, origin or nationality, sex, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, political or religious beliefs or trade union activity. Please indicate whether there are any reasonable adjustments or access requirements you would need to help you to attend an interview. If you wish to discuss your requirements prior to submitting your form, please contact the Human Resources Team on 0114 349 4230. Alternatively, please give details on a separate sheet and return with your application form.
Download an application form - 118 KB
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.