Year 1 Class Teacher (1 year fixed term contract)
Freeman Community Primary School, Stowmarket, Suffolk
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Subjects||Primary, Religious education|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 1, £24,373 to £37,654|
Freeman Community Primary School is a successful, happy, caring community of 207 children in the village of Stowupland, near Stowmarket.
We are looking for an inspirational and outstanding teacher who is highly motivated, enthusiastic and dedicated to teach within our Key Stage 1 team from February the 24th/March 1st 2020 in our Year 1 class. There are 30 children in the class and the successful candidate will be supported by a teaching assistant each morning. The successful candidate will also be expected to take on the leadership of a subject.
We are looking for a teacher who:
• is passionate about teaching and learning and is able to motivate and inspire pupils and colleagues
• is an outstanding practitioner with a good understanding of the essential characteristics of effective learning and teaching
• will deliver creative, inspiring and enriching learning opportunities
• will set high expectations and standards for all children
• will work in a team and form positive relationships with staff, pupils and parents.
• will lead a curriculum subject (to be negotiated)
This post would suit an experienced teacher on the Main Pay Range or Upper Pay Range 1.
Please state your areas of expertise / subject leadership in your application.
Freeman school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Visits to the school are strongly recommended. Please contact Mr Daniel Pettitt, Headteacher or Mrs Tammy Patel, School Business Manager at the school to book a visit and to request an application pack. Tel: (01449) 612067. Email: email@example.com
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
• Competent in all elements of the Teachers Standards
• Knowledge of statutory National Curriculum requirements at the appropriate Key Stage
• Evidence of good or outstanding teaching
• Exemplary planning and assessment
• Able to deliver a creative curriculum that inspires pupils in all their learning
• Able to promote pupil welfare and maintain high levels of behaviour
• Able to secure secure pupil attainment and progress
We can offer:
• a welcoming, friendly and supportive staff team dedicated to raising standards
• happy children who are eager to learn and make the most of their time in our school
• well behaved children
• a school that strives for every child to reach their true potential
• supportive staff and governors
• opportunities to grow and develop as a professional
• a beautiful setting!
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||207 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||4 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Freeman Community Primary School website (opens in a new window)|
About Freeman Community Primary School
Church Road, Stowmarket, Suffolk, IP14 4BQ