- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Key stage
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- £25714 - £36691
An opportunity has arisen within our successful and highly skilled team. We are looking for a consistently humble, resilient and enthusiastic Qualified Teacher to join our teaching staff. Experience of KS1 is desirable.
• Believe that teaching is a vocation and be particularly passionate about education in an urban setting.
• Hold a moral commitment to learning and achievement across a broad primary curriculum.
• Embrace high expectations of learning and behaviour and be committed to engaging pupils with teaching which produces accelerated pupil progress.
• Possess an unswerving belief in reflection, collaboration, teamwork and feedback.
• Demonstrate outstanding communication/people skills and unlimited good humour.
We can offer
• Diverse, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic pupils.
• A vibrant, forward-thinking school rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted in October 2019, for the fourth inspection in a row.
• The inspection noted Webster’s warm and welcoming atmosphere, respectful pupils, and exemplary behaviour.
• A single academy which currently holds the Artsmark Platinum, RRSA Silver, International Schools Award, Diamond Cultural Diversity Quality Standard and Diamond Parental Engagement Quality Standard.
• We have a long established commitment to the arts and an outward facing, rich curriculum, developed over many years, which fosters pupils’ creativity and love of learning. (Ofsted)
• Unique and embedded creative partnerships with organisations such as the Manchester Camerata orchestra, Z-Arts and the National Holocaust Centre and Museum.
• An outstanding track record of mentoring and supporting NQT’s. 60% of our current teachers are or were NQT’s here. ‘Teachers new to the profession said that the support they get from mentors and senior leaders is valuable and helps them to improve their teaching.’ (Ofsted)
• A highly collaborative staff team with a genuine commitment to peer support and excellent CPD, including opportunities for collaborative working across our Heart of Manchester partnership of schools.
• A building which has undergone a complete refurbishment and re-modelling to provide a modern, high quality teaching and learning environment both inside and outside. This includes a new classroom block, library, Music Room and offices all opened during 2018 and 2019.
• Large, mature grounds with an all-weather pitch, eco-garden and adventure play trails.
• Engaged, involved and ambitious parents.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 490 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
About Webster Primary School
Thank you for your interest in our school. We are a popular and all-inclusive school in Moss Side, Manchester. We welcome children of all races, faiths, languages and cultures and are famous for doing so. There are always over 30 languages spoken in school. We have a Resource Provision for 7 pupils with Autism and/or Speech and Language Disorder. We are currently between two and three forms of entry with over 500 pupils, and have been a single Academy converter governed by its own trust since 2013.
Our last 3 Ofsted inspections, the most recent being in January 2019, have all graded us as ‘Good’ with various outstanding features; attendance, quality of teaching and learning and our curriculum.
We have an outstanding track record of supporting and mentoring NQT’s and offering career progression to those who seek it. We have excellent CPD, including the IRIS camera package, and support colleagues through leadership programmes annually.
Our curriculum has a rigorous focus on core skills in English and Maths to support our mobile and diverse community.
We are also well known for our Arts provision and for becoming the first Manchester school (and one of only a handful nationally) to be awarded Artsmark Platinum status by the Arts Council England. Our programmes are based on genuinely embedded partnerships with a variety of organisations including the Manchester Camerata chamber orchestra and Z-Arts. We provide some unique cultural and educational experiences for our children, not least the Horrors of War project in collaboration with the National Holocaust Centre and Museum, of which we are a partner school.
A carefully designed environment comprises two buildings with a bespoke Music Room, Art Room and Library as well as various group intervention spaces. We are blessed with stunning outside space including a vast field, all weather pitch, garden complete with pond, vegetable beds and chickens, an outdoor classroom and pupil designed outdoor spaces. We are within easy walking distance of the iconic Whitworth Art Gallery and Manchester Museum, and engage with both venues regularly.
We may very well be biased but Webster children are the funniest, keenest to learn, kindest and loveliest bunch we know. They are simply the best to work with.
The awards listed on our website are reflective of our ethos and work over a long period of time. They reflect our commitment to inclusion, to working with parents, to global education and a rich curriculum.
We work closely with both local Universities, are a core partner of the Teach Manchester alliance and a founding member of the Heart of Manchester Partnership of schools in Moss Side, Hulme and Whalley Range.
We are very proud of our website and social media which give a strong flavour of our vision and approach,
Arranging a visit to Webster Primary School
Potential applicants are warmly welcomed to visit our school by arrangement with our School Business Manager, Mrs Clair Wain.