Year 3 Teacher
This job expired on 28 April 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
4 September 2023
28 April 2023 at 5pm
31 March 2023
- Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - 32.44 hours fulltime
Full-time equivalent salary
- £28,000 - £38,810
What skills and experience we're looking for
Essential - Application Stage
- A DfE recognised and relevant teaching qualification.
- Able to design and teach effective lessons and learning activities across the relevant curriculum (including EYFS), age and ability ranges including personalising learning to meet individual needs.
- Experience of teaching and up to date teaching practices.
- A good, up to date working knowledge and understanding of teaching, learning and behaviour management strategies.
- Good communication skills – both oral and written.
- A good team player, and someone who is flexible and adaptable.
- Evidence of relevant and on-going professional development and training, (not applicable for an ECT.)
- Experience with behaviour management in a busy classroom and working 1-to-1 with pupils.
- Appropriate behaviour and attitude toward safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people including:
- Motivation and commitment to work with children
- Ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children
- Emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours
- Attitude to use of authority and maintaining discipline
Essential - Interview Stage
- An understanding and ability to set realistic and challenging targets and be able to assess and review learners’ progress.
- Able to communicate effectively with children, young people, colleagues and parents/carers.
- Able to engage and motivate learners in the school environment.
- Able to contribute to and support the development of the curriculum.
- Have positive values, attitudes and have high expectations for learners.
- Be aware of current legislation, policies and guidance on the safeguarding of learners and the promotion of their wellbeing.
- Able to work collaboratively as member of a team including the sharing of effective practice.
- Able to plan, organise and prioritise and manage time effectively.
- Good verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Able to use ICT knowledge and skills in the learning environment.
What the school offers its staff
Wyndham Primary School is a vibrant, warm and welcoming place. The successful candidate will join a dedicated, hardworking team who are committed to raising standards throughout the school whilst maintaining a broad, balanced and creative curriculum. We are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking and dedicated Year 3 Teacher to join our growing team. We offer fantastic employment benefits such as bike to work scheme, wellbeing programmes and healthcare, and contributions to your teacher pension.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Wyndham Primary School
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 218 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Wyndham Primary School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 0191 285 3895
Wyndham Primary School is a vibrant, warm and welcoming primary school. The successful candidate will join a dedicated, hardworking team who are committed to supporting all aspects of impactful education whilst maintaining an organised, decisive, and caring approach to a busy classroom. This school has Academy status and is one of eight schools within the Smart Multi-Academy Trust, which is committed to providing the highest quality support for teaching and learning.
Arranging a visit to Wyndham Primary School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Trinity Academy Newcastle
Condercum Road, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Tyne and Wear, NE4 8XJ
Class Teacher - maternity cover
Throckley Primary School
Hexham Road, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Tyne and Wear, NE15 9DY
Wingrove Primary School
Hadrian Road, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Tyne and Wear, NE4 9HN
Cleves Cross Primary and Nursery School Academy
Cleves Cross, Ferryhill, County Durham, DL17 8QY
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Newcastle Upon Tyne and Tyne and Wear