Year 4 Class Teacher, Maternity Cover
Reports to: Head of School and Leadership Team
Key purpose of the job
To teach pupils in year 4 in order to ensure that their learning is of the highest quality.
Responsibilities of a classroom teacher
• Teach pupils within our year 4 class, enhancing their learning and providing the opportunity for achievement for all pupils
• Planning and preparing tasks which challenge pupils and ensure high levels of interest during lessons
• Monitor the academic progress of pupils and implement appropriate strategies to address underachievement
• To assess, record and report on the progress and attainment of pupils
• Approach all aspects of school life with positivity
• To register the attendance of pupils in class
• To set homework task as appropriate
• To use a variety of feedback strategies and use this to plan/adapt lessons and learning journeys
• Manage pupil behaviour in the classroom and on school premises using the school systems, and apply appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehaviour
• Communicate with parents and carers over pupils' progress and participate in school meetings, parents' evenings and whole school training events
• Participate in all aspects of monitoring, in order to improve teaching and learning
• Undertake critical self-evaluation and then participate in continuous professional development designed to enhance the quality of teaching or other working practices.
Performance Management responsibilities
• All members of staff are required to participate fully in the school’s performance management system.
Other professional requirements
• Have a working knowledge of teachers’ professional duties and legal liabilities
• Operate at all times within the stated policies and practices of the school
• Establish effective working relationships and set a good example through their presentation and personal and professional conduct
• Contribute to the corporate life of the school through effective participation in meetings and management systems necessary to coordinate the management of the school.
Essential educational requirements
Honours degree, Qualified Teacher Status
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Classroom teaching experience in a mainstream setting with Key Stage 2 pupils is desirable.
Westfield Health, Pension and CPD
About Birklands Primary School
- Appleton Street, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG20 0QF
- Birklands Primary School website (opens in a new window)