Year 5 Classroom Teacher Maternity Leave
We need an excellent teacher who can inspire and motivate our children, ensuring they make rapid progress. We are seeking a teacher, who can develop learning very effectively across the primary age range, within a stimulating curriculum.
This is an opportunity to join a warm and welcoming staff team, in a community based school rated as ‘Good’ by Ofsted (June 2018).
Our school was re built in 2011 and offers a high quality, attractive learning environment.
Berwick Hills Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an enhanced CRB disclosure will be sought.
Essential educational requirements
DfE recognised qualified teacher status
Essential skills and experience
The Class Teacher should have knowledge and understanding of:
• Effective teaching and learning
• The theory and practice of providing effectively for the individual
needs of all children (e.g., classroom organisation and learning
• Statutory National Curriculum requirements
• The monitoring, assessment, recording and reporting of pupils’
• The statutory requirements of legislation concerning Equal
Opportunities, Health & Safety, SEN and Child Protection;
• The positive links necessary within school and with all its
• The importance of safeguarding procedures
We are committed to developing and nurturing staff through many opportunities for cpd. This is an ideal post for someone who wishes to develop his or her career.
About Berwick Hills Primary School
- Westerdale Road, Middlesbrough, TS3 7QH
- LA Maintained School
- Berwick Hills Primary School website (opens in a new window)