We wish to appoint an outstanding practitioner who can offer vision, energy and creativity in the teaching of Year 5 from 1st September 2023. This is a full-time maternity cover position for 12 months, with the potential for extension. This may suit a first or second year ECT - full ECT training will be provided through a personal coach and the Ambition institute.
At The Victory Primary School, we are passionate about shaping the lives of our children. Teaching and Learning is at the heart of what we do. Every decision is driven by its potential to impact on our children’s learning. Our approach to teaching and learning is informed by robust research, constantly reviewed, and tailored to our unique context.
We have two-year groups from Reception to Year 6 with a pre-school on site. A unique feature of our school is that we also have an Inclusion Centre for children across Portsmouth with communication and interaction needs.
We believe in an enriching curriculum to ensure our children’s understanding. You will be supported by highly experienced colleagues throughout the year and benefit from a renowned United Learning curriculum. As a school we are positive, we work as a team and have several initiatives to ensure that our staff’s wellbeing is looked after.
What we offer:
- An exceptional salary, above the maintained sector by 5% on average
- Excellent ongoing CPD, career development and promotion
- Disruption-free learning and a ‘warm-strict’ behaviour system
- Up to 8 INSET days per year, dedicated to personal wellbeing, subject knowledge development and planning/resource development
- An unrivalled professional progression model to enable great teachers to remain in the classroom
- The opportunity to save money across hundreds of major retailers, through Perkbox
You will be:
- You will have Qualified Teacher Status. You’re an inspiring practitioner with a proven track record of success within a primary school setting
- You will have good interpersonal skills, sound behaviour management skills and have the highest expectations for what our children can achieve
- Up to date with the latest curriculum developments
We actively welcome visits and would be delighted to show you around our academy to fully appreciate our excellent learning environment.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
Note – We reserve the right to interview and offer to a strong candidate prior to the closing date. It is strongly recommended that candidates submit their application as soon as possible.
This job post has expired.