- Job role
- Key stage
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- Fixed term (Full time, one year contract initially)
The Governors of this popular, welcoming and successful Primary School are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated teacher to join our hardworking, friendly and supportive team on a full time, one year contract starting in January 2022.
We are seeking to appoint the following:
• 1 Year 5 teacher
The successful candidate will:
• Be a practising Catholic or willing to support the strong ethos of our school
• Have relevant experience of in KS2
• Have the energy and vision to develop our popular primary school
• Be committed to promoting high standards of attainment and behaviour
• Be a team player with a sense of humour
• Be willing to participate fully in the life of the school
• Be committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children
• Be responsible for leadership of a subject area in the curriculum (TBC)
• A strong Catholic vision and ethos
• A committed and fully involved Governing Body
• A friendly and welcoming team of staff
• Happy children who enjoy learning
• A strong commitment to continuous professional development
The person appointed must feel comfortable being part of a Christian community.
Closing date: Friday 12th November 2021 12pm
Interviews: w/c 15th November 2021 (to be confirmed)
Holy Cross Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people and all post-holders are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check and must have the Right to Work in the UK.
If you have worked or spent time abroad, please ensure that you send us a copy of the following:
• A police certificate for an overseas visa application (sometimes known as a Certificate of Good Conduct); and/or
• If you applied for entry clearance under any of the visa routes (Tier 1 & Tier 2 general worker) you must provide a criminal record certificate for any country (excluding the UK) where you have lived for 12 months or more in the 10 years before your application, while aged 18 or over; and/or
• When a certificate of sponsorship has been issued, please provide any relevant documentation from the sponsor; and/or
• If you are unable to provide a certificate from countries that do not have functioning criminal records regimes, or who refuse, you must provide an explanation with your visa application to UKVI - we would therefore need as much information as possible from you as to whether your application has been granted or waived, before we decide to make an offer of employment.
Applying for the job
Please complete the Catholic Education Service Application Form which is attached. The vacancy is also available on the Eteach website.
This must be completed, and emailed to Mrs Mercer on email@example.com along with the other supporting documentation which must be signed.More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, Roman Catholic, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 371 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
About Holy Cross Catholic Primary School
Welcome to Holy Cross Catholic Primary School. Our School serves the parishes of Holy Rood, St. Peter’s, West Swindon, St. Joseph’s, Wroughton and Royal Wootton Basset.
We are extremely proud to be a Catholic school in which both children and adults are supported and encouraged to develop their own faith and spirituality.
We pride ourselves on being a progressive and vibrant learning community which highly values it’s cultural diversity. Students at Holy Cross are taught by an experienced and dedicated team of individuals with an aspiration of ensuring that learning is fun, and teaching is creative.
Children are taught in a happy and well-disciplined environment and are inspired to see learning as a life long experience.
We want the children to “work hard and to be happy”.
Holy Cross Primary School is a Catholic School. We seek to provide a broad, balanced Christian education which aims to help each child develop their full potential.
We are a worshipping community which recognises the uniqueness of the individual and aims to promote the Gospel values of love and respect for God and one another. We open ourselves to others and respect their ways of thinking and living.
The school encourages effective communication and good relationships with home, parish and the wider community.
To provide a safe caring Christian environment within which each child may develop his/her full potential as a person.
To teach Christian values and a knowledge of the Catholic faith.
To help the pupils to effectively develop basic skills in Literacy, Numeracy and ICT and to equip them with the skills relevant to their future lives.
To help pupils develop the skills of investigation, hypothesis and rational argument along with the ability to make critical appraisal.
To help pupils appreciate the wonders of the universe and man’s role in investigating and exploring them.
To help pupils develop an understanding of the world in which we live and, in particular, an awareness of the environment and their own community.
To help pupils to acquire knowledge of the Arts and an appreciation of aesthetic qualities alongside the development of their own skills.
To help pupils develop physical skills necessary for an active involvement in society.
To show children the interdependence of the various fields of knowledge.
To help pupils become aware of the need for people to live together in harmony and give them an understanding and respect for the rules of society.
Arranging a visit to Holy Cross Catholic Primary School
Visits to the school are welcomed. Please ring the school to arrange a visit or email Mrs Mercer on firstname.lastname@example.org. All visits and interviews will be held in accordance with government guidelines on the CoronaVirus situation,
Similar jobs nearby
Temporary KS2 Teacher
Sutton Courtenay Church of England Primary School
Bradstocks Way, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 4DA