||Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Year Six Class Teacher
Required for January 2021
Two term contract, with the potential for permanent thereafter
Class Teacher for Year Six
We are seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and passionate teacher who will enable the children in Year Six to make that essential transition to secondary school, especially following the closure of schools from March to September this year. The teacher will place a clear focus upon ensuring the very best standards of teaching, so as to enabling the best impact upon the choldren’s learning, whether this be academic, personal or spiritual.
We wish to appoint:
• a practising Catholic and/or someone who is willing to support the school’s Catholic ethos;
• someone who is a successful classroom practitioner with a strong record of success;
• a practitioner to lead children’s learning with energy and enthusiasm;
• someone who cares about children’s learning, behaviour and their emotional wellbeing;
• a great team player with high standards and a positive outlook.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 21st October 2020 at 12.00 noon
Interview Date: Friday 23rd October 2020
All Merton schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, references will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
Applying for the job
Please complete the Application Form, Recruitment Monitoring Form and Rehabilitation of Offenders Form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About St Peter and Paul Catholic Primary School
SS Peter and Paul Catholic Primary School is a vibrant and aspirational establishment with a positive approach to learning and behaviour. The school works in partnership with the Merton Deanery Catholic schools, the Mitcham Town Community Trust and Attain, the Merton education partnership; we have also introduced the Thrive approach into the school. We have offered school to school support in developing CPA mathematical approaches and have also supported schools in the best use of teaching assistants. enjoy good transport links to Wimbledon, Sutton, Croydon, Tooting, London Bridge and London Victoria.
In addition, we can offer you the following:
• a friendly and welcoming team
• a co-constructed curriculum that is based upon children’s interests;
• a clear focus upon using available educational research to raise standards;
• a well-connected and collaboratively-minded school;
• a strong and committed local authority; and
• an attractive Inner London salary.
Arranging a visit to St Peter and Paul Catholic Primary School
Please contact SS Peter and Paul Primary School on 020 8648 1459 to arrange a visit.
Cricket Green, MITCHAM, Surrey, CR4 4LA