Year 6 Teacher - Head of KS2 - English Lead
High Street Primary Academy is looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and committed Year 6 Teacher to join our team on a secondment or fixed term basis. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Teacher to develop themselves and gain experience in leadership and management. The opportunity is to cover a period of maternity leave so we are looking at a minimum secondment/fixed term of six months with the potential of being 12 months.
Essential educational requirements
Good academic achievement, including an appropriate degree
Evidence of professional development
Essential skills and experience
• Proven experience
• Up to date knowledge of the primary curriculum, curriculum implementation and approaches to learning
• Experience in planning high quality learning opportunities for children both in and out of the classroom
• An understanding of how children learn and can draw from a range of appropriate teaching strategies to enable all children to achieve
• Awareness/experience of requirements for assessment, recording and reporting of pupils’ attainment and progress in the end of year SATs
• A clear working knowledge of how to provide for the individual needs of all children including those with special educational needs and those who are working at a greater depth
• The ability to measure and assess progress involving both formative and summative assessment to make secure judgements with regard to next steps
We offer a competitive salary plus TPS pension, great career progression and development opportunities with many other benefits.
About High Street Primary Academy
- High Street, Plymouth, Devon, PL1 3SJ