Fixed term (Maternity cover September 2021 – March 2022)
Excellent, Depending on Experience
Year Group Guidance Manager
Maternity cover September 2021 – March 2022
Park View School is seeking to employ an outstanding Year Group Guidance Manager to join our student centred Pastoral Team from September 2021. The role is an exciting and attractive one for a suitable candidate who possesses a dynamic skill set that can bring out the best in students. Supporting them to be happy and successful learners who are proud to be members of our school community.
We are seeking to appoint an ambitious person who combines excellent leadership skills with the ability to inspire and motivate students and staff to achieve their very best in school regardless of their background or social circumstances.
The successful candidate will:
● Have values that match that of the school’s, excellence, integrity, pride, compassion, open-mindedness, kindness and participation for all.
● Have an uncompromising, ambitious drive to ensure the best outcomes for all students at Park View.
● Be experienced in pastoral care in an educational setting and will have students' best interests at the heart of their practice.
● Be passionate about the development of our fantastic students, fostering a first class environment where staff and students of all backgrounds can thrive and achieve excellence.
● Have the ability to build positive relationships with all students, regardless of their background.
● Be confident and professional in communicating with all school stakeholders: teaching staff, parents/carers and outside agencies to ensure students are supported to achieve their best and become well rounded individuals.
● Be resilient and have the ability to use their initiative and make sound decisions in a calm and considered way whilst upholding the high standards expected for all in the school.
The school is committed to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare and safety of children, and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Please find all relevant information regarding this position, and details of how to apply, on our school website.
Deadline for completed applications to be received: Thursday 24th June 9am.
Applying for the job
Please find all relevant information regarding this position, and details of how to apply, on our school website.More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Academy, ages 11 to 18
1519 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Park View School
Park View is a forward thinking, exciting and, most important of all, happy school where children of all abilities, aptitudes and social backgrounds achieve. This has given us a reputation for excellence within the locality of which we are exceptionally proud. We have been at the heart of Chester-le-Street since 1911, first as the town’s grammar school and latterly as its largest Academy. Our roots in the community are long-established and inform all that we do: thus, although we are innovative and offer children a 21st Century education of real worth, we cherish and foster traditional values. We passionately believe that all young people can achieve if challenged to do so, that each has in them special qualities, talents and strengths which it is the duty of true educators to develop. It is this moral imperative which drives us, providing an unflinching focus upon the continued improvement necessary for us to realise our ambition: to be an outstanding school which provides the very best educational experience for all in our care. To succeed in our ambition, we work closely in partnership with parents and carers. We rely upon support from home and are delighted that the vast majority of our families make an unconditional commitment to trust their children to our care, reinforcing our standards by supporting school actions. It is this mutual trust which sits at the heart of the school and is one of our greatest strengths. We have excellent transport links: the school is situated half a mile from Junction 63 of the A1(M) motorway, and the local train station is only 5 minutes walk from our main school site. Chester-le-Street also has a wide variety of leisure facilities, all within walking distance of our school.