- Early years, KS1, KS2
Year Lead job summary
Year Lead – St Matthews Primary & Nursery Academy, Derriford
Contract Term: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Start Date: 1st September 2022
Closing date: 12pm on 16th May 2022
Interview date: Week commencing 16th May 2022
Are you a highly effective teacher with subject leader experience who is looking to join a school that puts high quality teaching, learning and leadership at its core? St Matthew’s Primary school, Derriford, is looking for a classroom teacher and year lead to join their talented team.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is an excellent teacher, with high standards and is able to model best practice
- Has significant experience at leading a subject/aspect area of the school. We are particularly interested in those who have experience at leading reading or writing across a school or has a passion to lead in this area. (if you are passionate about another curriculum area that you have led, please do tell us about it in your application)
- Is flexible, approachable and a good team player
- Is keen to develop skills in both teaching and leadership
- Is passionate about the whole curriculum and in ensuring that no child is left behind
Please ensure that your letter of application includes your areas of particular strength and passion.
We can offer:
- Delightful, well-behaved pupils who work hard and love learning
- A superb staff team
- A spacious, modern and well-equipped building
- Excellent CPD and career advancement potential as part of St Christopher’s Multi-Academy Trust
For an informal discussion or a tour of the school please call 01752 395969. Please send your completed application form to HR@stcmat.org. For more information about the school, please visit our website: https://www.stmatthewsacademyplymouth.org.uk/
Closing date: 12:00pm 16th May 2022
Provisional date of interview: Week commencing 16th May 2022
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post.
This job post has expired.
About St Matthew's Church of England Primary and Nursery Academy
- School type
- Academy, Church of England, ages 3 to 11
- School size
- 450 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
St Matthew’s is a vibrant, community-focused school with high expectations of the children and a nurturing approach. We achieve this through a curriculum that ignites a passion for learning. You will be joining our school at an exciting stage, having just experienced a recent Ofsted inspection for which we are very much looking forward to receiving our report. We are now excited to be commencing the next phase in our journey to becoming a Beacon school in which all pupils, staff and the community are enabled to ‘Let their light shine’.
Arranging a visit to St Matthew's Church of England Primary and Nursery Academy
For an informal discussion or a tour of the school please call 01752 395969.