We are looking to appoint an outstanding, dynamic Teaching
Assistant to support a pupil
1 to 1 on a fixed term basis. Our ideal candidate will
have excellent teamwork and communication skills, boundless patience and
resilience and the ability and enthusiasm to make a difference with pupils who
have a range of SEND needs. For a full list of duties, please see the job
Glendinning Academy is part of Wave Multi Academy Trust and
is located in Newton Abbot in Devon. It caters for pupils that are
working at or around age equivalent expectations and have a diagnosis of
Autistic Spectrum condition (ASC), anxiety or Speech Language and Communication
We are looking for someone who embodies Wave Trust's values;
someone who has diverse experience, as well as a passion for working with young
people with additional needs.
The curriculum largely follows the National Curriculum, and
currently is taught through the medium of the International Primary Curriculum
and the International Middle Years Curriculum, with a focus, where possible of
learning outside of the classroom.
Wave is dedicated to the safeguarding of children and Safer
Recruitment Procedures will be followed. The position requires a satisfactory
enhanced DBS check.
Work with Wave:
What’s in it for you?
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Occupational Health Services
- Professional Development & Training
- Salary depending on experience
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tech Scheme
- Free Will Writing Benefit
- Health & Wellbeing Champion
- Company sick pay dependent on service
- Free refreshments in workplaces
Who We Are
Wave are an established and successful Multi Academy Trust, comprising of Alternative Provision Academies (APAs), Medical Academies (including Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust’s child and adolescent mental health unit ‘Sowenna’) and a Special Academy.
We provide education for vulnerable pupils aged 4 – 19 across Devon and Cornwall. The Trust has a national reputation for the delivery of outstanding pupil outcomes including enabling pupils to access the most appropriate education setting and transition to employment, training and higher or further education. The Trust educates over 1000 pupils and employs over 350 members of staff.
We Aim To
- Provide a balanced and broad curriculum that promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of pupils and prepares them for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
- Give access to the National Curriculum; provide opportunities for external accreditation, and, for those pupils with specific learning difficulties, effective and personalised programmes.
- Ensure all pupils are supported to develop positive attitudes towards themselves and others. Promoting emotional well-being and self-esteem; helping our pupils to recognise their potential and work positively within their community.
- We will respect all pupils and encourage them to become active participants in their own learning, develop confidence, independence, self-esteem and express their needs and desires.
- Seek effective and positive working relationships with pupils’ families, schools and other agencies.
- Enable effective outcomes for our pupils.
Wave is dedicated to the safeguarding of children and Safer Recruitment Procedures will be followed. The position requires a satisfactory enhanced DBS check and we may carry out an online check.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.