1-1 Learning Support Assistants
Pine Ridge Infant School, Camberley, Surrey
|Working pattern||Part-time only|
|Salary||£13,330 per year (full-time equivalent)|
We are looking to appoint two 1-1 Learning Assistants, ideally with experience of working with children with SEMH needs. The role holders will support the Class Teacher in the teaching and welfare of the assigned individuals, ensuring they attain the targets set. Supporting communication, social and emotional development is integral to this role.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
• Develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of the child with whom you are supporting
• Assist in preparing the classroom-learning environment
• Assist in planning activities and preparing materials to help children access the curriculum
• Lead and support activities, indoors and outdoors to meet the specific needs of children
• Assist in monitoring children's progress, assessing achievement and recording results and observations, sharing outcomes with the class teacher
• Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team, including working closely with outside agencies
• Relate exceptionally well with children and to go that extra mile to help them achieve
At Pine Ridge Infant, relationships between staff and pupils are excellent, characterised by mutual respect and high expectations of everyone in our community. The School offers a vibrant, broad and balanced curriculum and we work hard to meet the needs of all our pupils. This positive culture permeates all aspects of school life and the promotion of learning, through the full range of teaching approaches, takes account of the needs of all learners.
Through our partnership with GLF, we benefit from sharing outstanding resources and practice across a range of schools. Pine Ridge Infant is an exceptional learning environment with a real community spirit. It provides children with a high degree of challenge combined with personalised support. Our core purpose each day is to facilitate engagement in, and for, learning and discovery. Our staff share a commitment to delivering exciting and engaging lessons and to a relentless drive towards raising the attainment of all pupils, regardless of their different starting points. Pine Ridge Infant is graded as a ‘GOOD’ school in all areas by Ofsted (2019). The successful candidate will work alongside, support the teacher, and make effective use of resources in order to achieve the highest standards of learning and achievement.
Salary £13,330 pro-rata of £17,322 (Grade 3/4 of the support staff pay scale).
Hours of work will be Monday-Friday 8.30am-3.30pm (32.5 hrs per week) for 39 weeks per year plus a weekly staff meeting.
Closing: Midday on 17th April 2020
We welcome visits from prospective candidates. If you would like to arrange a visit then please contact the school.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working. We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.
Essential educational requirements
Good General Education including English and Maths at GCSE or equivalent - Essential
NVQ Level 2 Teaching Assistant / Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools or equivalent - Desirable
Essential skills and experience
Basic IT skills
Able to plan and prioritise regular and irregular tasks
Able to clarify and explain instructions to children
Ability to motivate and engage children
Ability to take on routine tasks under the direction of the class teacher
Ability to maintain records and children files
Utilise a variety of strategies to engage children and
support children in their learning
Ability to maintain records and children files
Able to follow instructions
The following are desirable, however, not essential
Experience in assisting with the organisation of the learning environment
Experience in providing assistance in education
We can offer:
• A commitment to providing children with high quality learning opportunities
• Friendly and supportive staff team
• Staff benefits through the GLF Trust
• A great environment to work in
• Regular on-the-job training and development opportunities
• The opportunity to be part of a collaborative environment within GLF Schools
• Supportive and approachable senior management team.
|School size||108 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||2 to 7|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Pine Ridge Infant School website (opens in a new window)|
Esher Road, Camberley, Surrey, GU15 4AW