- Job role
- Teaching assistant
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Key stage
- Early years
- Working pattern
- Term time
32.5 hours per week, 6.5 hours per day
- Contract type
- Fixed term (until 30 August 2022)
- OLOL Band 3 - salary £14,856 - £15,765 per annum
Our Lady and St Edward’s Catholic Primary School in Nottingham are seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and empathetic Teaching Assistant to join our friendly and hard-working team. This post is to work in Foundation years and will be for a 1:1 Teaching Assistant to work with a named student with additional needs.
We are looking for a teaching assistant who is:
• Able to aid the pupils to lean as effectively as possible in both group situations, and individually.
• well organised, with high expectations of pupil attainment and progress.
• flexible and enthusiastic.
• able to show initiative.
• able to work collaboratively with all members of the school community - in particular the class teachers.
We will offer you:
• a warm and welcoming school community with a strong Catholic ethos.
• children who are confident, happy and eager to learn and achieve.
• a fun, supportive and committed school team led by passionate leaders.
• a commitment to developing your CPD
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. For further information, or to arrange a visit, please contact the school office.
The Trust and Our Lady and St Edward’s Catholic Primary School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks are required for successful applicants.
Our Trust strives to be a supportive, inclusive, caring and positive community where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We are committed to cultivating an equitable working environment where staff treat one another with dignity and respect and where every individual can fulfil their potential. We warmly welcome those of different cultures, ethnicities and beliefs. This includes those of all faiths, the Catholic faith and those without a faith who are supportive of the Trust’s Catholic character and Christian ethos. This diversity is fundamental to our values and enriches the lives of the students within our schools.
We are a Disability Confident Committed employer and welcome applications from people with a disability or long-term health condition.
Details of this post and an application form are available on our website www.ololcatholicmat.co.uk/vacancies
Completed application forms (and associated documents) to be emailed to email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 13 December 2021 (9.00 am)
About Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust
Our school is part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust which brings together the 21 Catholic Primary and Secondary schools in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire. Our priority is to ensure the very best Catholic Education for all young people in our community, whatever their circumstances. We will achieve this together, through a strategic approach to sharing best practice, effective challenge and support from a central standards and performance team and opportunities for high quality Continuing Professional Development offered by the CMAT’s CPD Hub.
Why work for the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust?
• Access to first class CPD opportunities. We also work in partnership with Nottingham Teaching School Alliance to deliver meaningful and relevant CPD. Our Leadership Academy identifies and develops future leaders.
• Genuine opportunities for career progression - with 21 academies in our family, and 84 academies across the Diocese, opportunities for career progression are a reality.
• Professional assistance - you will have access to an Employee Assistance Programme which provides confidential, independent and unbiased information and guidance 24/7. If clinically advisable, it also offers face-to-face counselling sessions.
• Pension - automatic enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with 23.68% employer contributions, or to the Local Government Pension Scheme for support staff, one of the most competitive on the market, with employer contributions of above 20% in most cases.
• Terms and Conditions - we have committed to following nationally agreed terms and conditions for pay for both teachers and support staff.
For more information about our Trust and our vacancies, please visit www.ololcatholicmat.co.uk/vacancies
Follow us on Twitter: @OLOLCatholicMAT
Connect with us on LinkedIn
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, Roman Catholic, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 244 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
About Our Lady & St Edward Primary & Nursery Catholic Voluntary Academy
Welcome to Our Lady and St. Edwards Academy where we put children at the centre of everything we do.
In our Mission Statement we are inspired by the teachings of St Francis with whom the school and parish have had close links over many years; up until 2014 a Franciscan Friary was situated next door to the parish church. St Francis asked that we ‘Live the Gospels’; we do this by… Growing in love for God and each other; showing respect, being compassionate, being able to forgive and giving our best in all that we do to achieve our goals.
Staff are caring and supportive, children are happy; they want to be here and like coming to school. Each day is treated as a ‘new’ day and a new chance for everyone to shine.
Our curriculum gives our children the opportunities to become independent learners. Themed topics run throughout the year and parents are encouraged to take part and be involved.
We also offer ‘out of school’ provision with a Breakfast club in the morning and a variety of different after school clubs run by our Extended Services Team throughout the week; holiday clubs are also on offer.
To get a ‘feel’ for the school we always encourage parents to visit, meet the staff, pupils and take in the environment which is as important to us as the teaching and learning; we want pupils to be proud of their school and treat it with respect.
Our moto is:
Guided by Jesus in all that we do, together we are one… one academy… one community… one world.
We believe this and live this message out in our daily lives through work, play and friendship.