Deputy Headteacher
2 days remaining to apply
Start date details
2 April 2023 at 11:59pm
7 March 2023
- Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - Full time
- L6 - L10
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking for people who have the following experience and qualities:
- Qualified teacher status to degree level with evidence of further professional development, an understanding of high-quality teaching and the ability to model this for others and support others to improve.
- Successful candidates will have a proven track record in leadership and management experience in a school environment. You will also have successful experience of working with students with social and emotional behavioural challenges.
Stoke Damerel Primary Academy has strong shared values, policies and practice and require the Deputy Headteacher to be able to engage effectively with others in order to help staff to feel supported and have the continued knowledge and growth to ensure that all young people have the support to complete their study effectively.
We are looking for committed individuals who are able to work well under pressure, maintain confidentiality at all times and are committed to safeguarding and equality.
What the school offers its staff
At Stoke Damerel Academy our motto is Dream Big, Achieve Together.What does this mean for our children?It means that as a school we have a clear aim and intention to provide an education that enables each child to dream of their own unique, possible future. Dream Big means that we seek to provide a wide range of experiences and opportunities for children to discover their potential.The children at our school consistently exemplify the words Achieve Together; they show time and again that they care for and support each other.
Our core school values are to help our pupils become well-rounded, ambitious children who strive to reach their potential through the exciting opportunities and experiences we provide. We teach our children to develop life skills such as resilience, resourcefulness, relationships, reflectiveness and risk taking to achieve success in learning. The Academy has a PAN of 420.
Further details about the role
The Deputy Headteacher, under the direction of the Headteacher, will take a major role in:
- Formulating the aims and objectives of the school.
- Establishing policies for achieving these aims and objectives.
- Managing staff and resources to that end.
- Monitoring progress towards the achievement of the school’s aims and objectives.
- In the absence of the Headteacher, the Deputy Headteacher will deputise, as directed by the governing board.
The Deputy Headteacher will also be expected to fulfil the professional responsibilities of a Headteacher, as set out in the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document (STPCD).
This post will include a teaching commitment.
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Stoke Damerel Primary School
- School type
- Academy, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 402 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Stoke Damerel Primary School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Similar jobs nearby
St Christopher's C Of E (Primary) Multi Academy Trust
Marsh Barton Trading Estate, Exeter, EX2 8LB
St Matthew's Church of England Primary and Nursery Academy
1 Peregrine Road, Plymouth, Devon, PL6 5FN
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Plymouth and Devon, Plymouth and Torbay