- Job role
- Education support
- Working pattern
- Full time
37.5 hours per week
8.45am - 4.45pm (30 minute unpaid lunch break)
Term time only
- Contract type
- G4 - £19,922 per annum
Are you looking for an innovative and forward thinking school which genuinely invests and develops you? Then come and join us at Whitmore High School where we believe all our exceptional staff contribute to transforming students’ lives!
We are looking for a 6th Form Learning Mentor who would like to join our dynamic and successful school; someone who would like to be part of a friendly and hard-working team.
The successful candidate will:
• Be able to engage constructively with, and relate to, a wide range of young people and families/carers with different ability, ethnic and social backgrounds as well as with teachers and other professionals
• Need commitment, energy and patience and must be prepared to learn; a positive team player
• Possess strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise own work load, meet all deadlines and remain calm under pressure
• Have the ability to deal positively with large numbers of students and the ability to command their compliance and respect
• Be able to work collaboratively with others to assess and review the needs of young people, identify potential barriers to learning and jointly engage in strategies to overcome these barriers, drawing on in-school and external advice and expertise where necessary
• Have a good level of administrative and computer skills including MS Office Excel & Word
• Be numerate and literate, have strong attention to detail and accuracy with a good level of education
• Be committed to the principles and practice of inclusion and equal opportunities for all
• Be committed to the principles and practice of safeguarding all young people
• State of the art building with well-equipped classrooms, excellent resources and modern facilities
• Fantastic support from your line managers and SLT who will develop you and want to see you succeed in your career
• You’ll be working in an OFSTED rated ‘Outstanding’ school
• Exceptional and wide ranging CPD opportunities
• Staff Wellbeing group who promote a healthy work life balance and arrange activities such as weekly staff yoga, well-being garden, on-site massage, weekly fruit, book club with free Kindle loan for staff etc.
• Free annual flu jab
• Free use of the on-site gym
• Cycle to Work tax free bike scheme
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.