- Job role
- Education support
- Working pattern
- Full time
37 hours per week
- Contract type
- £20,420 - £22,545 - FTE: £22,183 - £24,491
We are looking to appoint an exceptional Academy Administrator to join our team at Shenley E-ACT Academy, to work as part of a team of support staff in providing a high level of clerical and administrative support within the Academy.
• Reception duties: Deal with complex reception and visitor queries. When required, answer routine telephone and face to face enquiries and to meet, greet and sign in visitors and undertake general reception duties.
• Undertake administrative duties related to the post e.g. typing, word-processing and other IT based tasks including the production of letters, reports and schedules and operate relevant equipment/ICT packages e.g. excel, databases, spreadsheets, internet and SIMs.
• Provide administrative and organisational support to the Senior Leadership Team
Assist in the input and production of data and information required for the Academy using appropriate ICT packages and databases including production of reports
• To administer first aid to students and to support with student medication
Working 37 hours a week for 41 weeks per year
Salary - £20,420 - £22,545 - FTE: £22,183 - £24,491
As a trust we offer:
Competitive local Government Pension Scheme
30 days annual leave and statutory Bank Holidays
Ride to Work Scheme
Market leading Personal Development and Training plans to further your career
Access to Mental Health First Aid Programme
24 hours access to Employee Assistance Programme
For a full description of the role, see the job description and job specification.
Come join our team
Quite aside from the opportunity to work with pupils whose energy, creativity and enthusiasm never fail to inspire, our academy is:
• Committed to teacher development through E-ACT’s professional learning program in partnership with leading training providers such as Ambition School Leadership.
• Leading the way in youth mental health through our very own Mental Health First Aid programme - we aim to train every teacher as a mental health first aider.
• A leader in the education sector for outstanding employee benefits including a generous maternity policy and opportunities for flexible working.
Part of the E-ACT family
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 15,400 pupils and 2,300 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country.
E-ACT multi-academy trust is responsible for 25 academies across the length and breadth of England.
Our academies can collaborate and share ideas with one another in ways that schools may not be able to. Most importantly, we all feel part of something much bigger as our responsibilities go far beyond the four walls of a single academy, and extend to people and their communities across the country.
We are always on the lookout for dynamic, motivated and enthusiastic people so we can continue to give every one of our pupils the opportunity to explore, solve, create and achieve.
In return we offer the chance to work with amazing people and inspirational pupils, as well as a great salary and sector -leading work -life balance arrangements.
Find out more at www.e-act.org.uk
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Applying for the job
E-ACT work for us pageMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- School size
- 882 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
About Shenley Academy
Shenley Academy has been on an incredible journey, having been judged as inadequate in October 2018 to an overall judgement of Good in July 2021, with:
• outstanding leadership and management
• outstanding personal development
• outstanding behaviour and attitudes.
We are a forward-thinking and dynamic 11-16 academy set in a beautiful 37-acre site in Birmingham. Our moto is ‘building futures, changing lives’ and our most recent OFSTED report states:
“..this is exactly what happens here. Everyone involved in the school is committed to every pupil’s welfare, well-being and academic success. Pupils’ mental health is front and centre in leaders’ thinking and decision making”, OFSTED July 2021
The curriculum is at the heart of everything that we do, and we are committed to providing our
pupils with an exceptional education and wider school experience, supporting every individual to achieve the very best possible outcomes.