This job expired on 28 March 2023 – see similar jobs
28 March 2023 at 9am
24 March 2023
- Fixed term
Full-time equivalent salary
- £18,554.00 to £19,236.00
Academy Receptionist/Administrator job summary
This is an incredible opportunity to join the highly organised and supportive administration team here at The Oldham Academy North. We are looking for an experienced Administrator/Receptionist who wants to join this committed and efficient team. The purpose of this role is to provide and effective clerical and reception service to Academy staff, students and visitors.
Reporting to the Office Manager this post holder will be accountable for:
- Delivering an effective reception service including answering routine telephone and face to face enquiries; signing in visitors and sorting and distributing internal and external mail.
- Undertaking clerical duties related to the post such as production of letters, reports and other documents as requested using relevant ICT packages such as spreadsheets, databases, Word, internet and SIMS
- Providing general clerical support eg photocopying, filing, faxing, emailing, completing routine forms and responding to routine correspondence
- Maintaining manual and computerised records/returns/management information systems
- Alerting line manager to any concerns through monthly monitoring systems
- Maintaining stock and supplies, cataloguing and distributing as required or as directed
- Attending relevant meetings as required and take notes if requested
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expects all employees and volunteers to share in this commitment.
For further information on the role please see the Job Description/Person Specification.
Salary £18,554 to £19,236 FTE £21,189 to £21,968 37 hours per week - 39 weeks per year.
We know just how important it is to think big and to help break those glass ceilings faced by young people today. Together we can encourage our pupils to step out from their comfort zones, build self-esteem and broaden their horizons.
We one of the best comprehensive schools in the North West of England and the most improved academy in Oldham. The quality of education at The Oldham Academy North is world class, leading to GCSE outcomes that are well above average. The Oldham Academy North is an ambitious, inclusive 11-16 academy in Oldham. We set high expectations for our students in all areas and encourage them to become ambassadors of their community. We continue to be a 'Good' school, whilst leading to excellent student progress and putting us in the top 20% of schools nationally. To find out more about us, please visit: https://theoldhamacademynorth.e-act.org.uk/
What the trust offers in return:
- Competitive local Government Pension Scheme
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Market leading Personal Development and Training plans to further your career
- Access to Mental Health First Aid Programme
- 24 hours access to Employee Assistance Programme
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 18,000 pupils and over 2,500 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country.
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
About The Oldham Academy North
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1322 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The Oldham Academy North website (opens in new tab)
The Oldham Academy North is an ambitious, inclusive 11-16 secondary academy in Oldham. We have over 1100 students on roll and set high expectations for our students in all areas and encourage them to become ambassadors for their community.
Similar jobs nearby
Educational Teaching Assistant x 4
All Saints Catholic College
Bradley Bar, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD2 2JT
St Anne's Church of England Academy
Hollin Lane, Manchester, M24 6XN
Burnley High School
Byron Street, Burnley, Lancashire, BB12 6NX
Blessed Thomas Holford Catholic College
Urban Road, Altrincham, Cheshire, WA15 8HT
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Oldham and Greater Manchester