Suitable for NQTs
Fixed term (1 year temporary)
Band F £22,183 - £24,491pa FTE equating to £18,159 for 35 hours per week, term time only
The Governors are seeking to appoint a tutor who would ideally be an English, Maths or Science specialist, if possible. This role would be well suited to a graduate who is looking to gain experience in education or an experienced Maths, English or Science tutor who is looking for a more varied role.
If your application is successful, you will:
- Mentor a caseload of underachieving students, supporting them to achieve their full potential.
- Deliver tuition to small groups of students.
- Support students with work from a range of school subjects, including subjects outside your specialism (training will be provided but there is a need to be adaptable and versatile).
- Build strong partnerships with parents/carers and other stakeholders.
- Liaise with other staff about students’ progress.
- Work closely with other tutors, working as a team towards shared goals.
- Assist with the planning and delivery of workshops to small groups of students, for example to enhance students’ study skills.
- Coordinate a range of aspiration-raising projects, and look for opportunities to use initiative to develop new projects.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Academy, ages 11 to 18
1232 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Eckington School
Eckington School is a vibrant and rapidly improving 11-18 secondary school with 1,240 students on roll. It is set in a wonderful 42-acre site of rolling North East Derbyshire countryside, situated close to the centre of Sheffield and the Peak District National Park.
At Eckington School, we have high ambitions in all that we do, so not only do we expect students to strive to excel in their academic studies, but also to develop resilience and character, through all of school life: including exposure to wide-ranging extra-curricular activities, school trips, their studies and through their social and friendship groups. We want all of our students to leave Eckington School with a wide body of knowledge and skills and a strength of character, so they are best equipped for what comes next, and can live an exceptional life.
As part of LEAP Multi Academy Trust, “Achieving Excellence” is our overriding priority. We place students at the centre of everything we do, creating a culture of success and a love of learning which enhances students’ achievements and their personal, social and emotional development. Our ambitious and emerging Multi Academy Trust currently comprises of three secondary academies serving nearly 4000 young people, with the other two sister academies situated in Rotherham. This is an exciting opportunity for ambitious colleagues to be part of this journey.
Arranging a visit to Eckington School
We welcome visits to the school. Candidates wishing to visit the school please contact Sharon Foster @ firstname.lastname@example.org