Acting Assistant Principal
West St Leonards Primary Academy, St Leonards-on-Sea, East Sussex
|Working pattern||Part-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £23,720 to £39,406|
Acting Assistant Principal Part Time 0.6 FTE
Payscale: TMS/UPS with TLR2
Due to the promotion of one of our Assistant Principals we require an Acting Assistant Principal to join our Senior Leadership Team. This post would commence September 1st 2020 through December 31st 2020.
We can offer you:
• A supportive and friendly environment
• Excellent facilities
• A commitment to the professional development of all staff
• Well motivated pupils
• A positive and caring ethos
• Regular weekly non-contact time for management duties
We would like you to:
• Have a teaching responsibility ( class teacher/ groups)
• Be proficient in data analysis including the IDSR and internal tracking.
• Have experience of moderation across academies/ schools.
• Be confident in training both WSLPA staff and other schools in either Talk for Writing or Maths Mastery.
• Have experience in holding staff to account through Performance Management
• Show impact in leading whole school projects
• Ensure the pastoral academic success of all pupils working with parents, children and outside agencies.
• Be highly visible in day to day management of the academy
• Ensure all policies including behaviour are applied consistently by all staff and pupils
• Monitor, evaluate and review pupil progress
• Ensure consistent high expectations on our journey to OFSTED Outstanding
We will ensure you have weekly Leadership time to carry out your role and ongoing CPD to develop your skills further. Please call and speak to Dominic O’Regan, Acting Principal on 01424 422080 for further details.
If you wish to apply for this vacancy, please go to http://www.brightonacademiestrust.org.uk/careers/vacancies
Closing date for applications: 26th May 2020
Interview date: 28th May 2020
West St Leonards Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure for this Authority.
|School size||419 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||5 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||West St Leonards Primary Academy website (opens in a new window)|
About West St Leonards Primary Academy
At West St Leonards Primary Academy we aim to support all children in a safe and caring environment with
exciting and relevant teaching and learning experiences.
We are a community that enables children, teachers and parents to work together so that our pupils achieve their best.
Our Academy was inspected in October 2016. Teaching,Learning, Assessment, Leadership, Behaviour, Safety and Early Years were all graded ‘Outstanding’. We are very proud that our work has been recognised, and even prouder of the impact it has had on our children’s progress.
We are committed to providing outstanding teaching and learning for all in an inclusive environment.
Harley Shute Road, St Leonards-on-Sea, East Sussex, TN38 8BX