- Job role
- Education support
- Working pattern
- Will consider full time, term time
37. 5 hours per week from Monday to Friday
- Contract type
- Grade 3, £15,594 – £16,552 per annum (0.84383 FTE)
• Under the instruction/guidance of senior staff, provide general, clerical, administrative and financial support to the school
• To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school
• To deal with more complex reception/visitor etc. matters.
• Contribute to the planning, development and organisation of support service systems/procedures/policies
• Organise school trips events etc.
• Supervise, train and develop staff as appropriate.
What will you do?
• Comply with and assist in the development of policies and procedures relating to child protection, security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
• To adhere to school health and safety policy including risk assessment and safety systems.
• To adhere to school policies and Trust’s Ethos Policy.
• To contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school.
• Establish constructive relationships and communicate with other agencies/professionals.
• Attend and participate in regular meetings.
• Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
• Undertake similar clerical duties commensurate with the level of the post as required by the Principal.
What are we looking for?
• Experience of developing and maintaining administrative systems and procedures.
• Effective use of ICT packages and other specialist equipment/resources.
• Ability to work to a high degree of accuracy and pay attention to detail.
• Ability to work constructively as part of a team, understanding school roles and responsibilities.
• Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people within the school.
Please see the Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for the role.
Why should you apply?
You will be working in a fantastic environment. Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, moral and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
• You'll be entitled to 25 days’ annual leave (plus bank holidays)
• NEST pension scheme
• Development opportunities
• LGPS pension scheme
• Development opportunities
• A strong vision of Educational Excellence, Character Formation and Spiritual Insight;
• Enthusiastic, motivated and friendly children;
• A committed and motivated staff team;
• An attractive working environment;
• Supportive parents;
Avanti Services Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
This job post has expired.
- School type
- Free School, ages 4 to 16
- Education phase
- Primary, Middle, Secondary, 16-19
- School size
- 282 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 16
About Avanti Hall School
The Avanti Hall grounds on the outskirts of Exeter offer a site of inspiring natural beauty.
Our main building, Thomas Hall, was built in the 1600s, with established woodland surrounding the main campus area. The building was part of Exeter University’s Duryard Halls of Residence for nearly 100 years before becoming a school.
Arranging a visit to Avanti Hall School
If you are interested in the role and would like to discuss the details prior to submitting an application, please contact email@example.com to arrange a visit.