|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||£23,109 pa 45.6 weeks|
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced HLTA with substantial knowledge of this field to join our multidisciplinary outreach service — SENDsuccess — commissioned by Waltham Forest borough.
As an advisory support worker you will support the development of deaf children age 0 – 18 both in the home and educational setting, by:
• Providing support to allocated deaf children, their families and schools
• Supporting HI children at key transition points (milestones, change of setting, pre and post Cochlear Implant)
• Providing support and advice for parents of HI children, including some home visiting
• Liaising with a variety of professionals to ensure deaf pupils needs are understood and met
• Supporting the development and delivery of training packages
• To have knowledge of the audiological equipment to support HI students and to have basic trouble shooting skills
Own transport is a necessity.
This is an 18-month contract initially. We are looking for someone who can join the team asap.
Applying for the job
download an application and supporting documents from the school websiteMore on how to apply
|School size||355 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||2 to 19|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Whitefield Schools website (opens in a new window)|
About Whitefield Schools
Special Educational Needs
SENDsuccess is an outreach service for Waltham Forest schools and parents. We support mainstream schools to help their pupils who have sensory impairment, autism, learning or cognitive disabilities.
Whitefield Academy Trust comprises:
Whitefield Schools – an outstanding school based in Walthamstow which provides specialist education for pupils with complex needs including communication and interaction difficulties.
Joseph Clarke School - based nearby in Highams Park and highly regarded for its expertise in visual impairment.
The Trust Schools attract pupils from North and East London and surrounding counties and together have more than 450 pupils on roll.
Our Research and Development Centre provides support, training and resources for both school staff and other professionals. It also hosts an excellent library.
Waltham Forest as an area combines the best aspects of vibrant city living with easy access to some beautiful green spaces. It has excellent transport links.
The Whitefield Academy Trust is uncompromising in its commitment to safeguarding children and young people
Macdonald Road, London, E17 4AZ