- No, visa sponsorship not available
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Full timejobs - Great Academy Ashton, is seeking an inspirational teacher to join our team. At GAA, our mission is to metamorphosise the life chances of the young people from the community we serve and the position of Teacher of Art (art, fine art, photography and/or textiles) is pivotal in delivering this aim.
What skills and experience we're looking for
or equivalent in relevant subject
quality teaching/learning skills
as an excellent classroom practitioner
enthusiasm for subject/s and teaching
to extra curricular activities
to recognise strengths and weaknesses and an interest in their own personal
enthusiasm for supportive pastoral care
to motivate children and set high standards
Experience of target setting and strategic planning
regarding student progress
of recent educational developments
of safeguarding procedures
to manage, to work calmly under pressure, prioritise and to meet deadlines
a vision for future Academy development
and able to deal with detail /complex matters
to promote diversity and equality of opportunity
- Ability to work flexibly and adapt to meet the
changing demands and circumstances
What the school offers its staff
- Extensive leadership and subject based CPD,
including paid memberships of such professional bodies as The Chartered College
of Teaching, The Chartered Institute of Educational Assessors membership and
Subject Association memberships.
- Free health protection: we understand the importance
of health and wellbeing, which is why we offer free health protection to all
staff, including free NHS health checks and yearly flu vaccinations.
- Cycle to work scheme: We encourage sustainable transportation
options by offering a cycle to work scheme.
- Wider personal benefits such as discounted eye
tests, well-being clinics, dentistry, financial and legal advice.
- Paid bonuses for those staff who are markers for
- Committed to supporting the well-being of our
workforce, we are part of the DfE Workforce Wellbeing Charter, GAET have
expanded this creating our own Wellbeing Charter. We have an Assistant Principal with a
strategic lead for staff well-being. We have implemented several initiatives to
reduce workload, including assessing the workload of new initiatives, reduced
unnecessary communication through email protocols, have a staff well-being
working group and we conduct regular well-being questionnaires to guide further
Further details about the role
Please visit our website for further details
This job post has expired.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Great Academy Ashton
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- School size
- 1292 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
Great Academy Ashton is part of Great Academies Education Trust
To Teach Age Range: 11-16. At GAA, our mission is to metamorphosise the life chances of the young people from the community we serve. We are looking for committed individuals who share our values of Genuine, Respect, Excellence, Achievement, and Togetherness (GREAT) and who can help us deliver on our mission.
Similar jobs nearby
Teacher of Art
Co-op Academy Grange
Co-Op Academy Grange, Bradford, BD5 9ET
Teacher of Art
Chapel-en-le-Frith High School
Long Lane, High Peak, Derbyshire, SK23 0TQ