We are seeking an enthusiastic, inspirational and highly motivated teacher with experience of ASD and severe learning disabilities for a permanent post at our Sherwood Hill campus.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate high aspirations for all pupils, a commitment to raising standards and the creativity to find innovative ways to enhance and enrich the learning experience for all students. Class sizes are small and candidates will be asked to demonstrate skills and experience in leading a class team of support staff. The curriculum is designed to be highly personalised for each student and the successful candidate will demonstrate how they will reflect this in their planning, teaching and deployment of their staff team.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
Experience of teaching students with ASD and severe learning disabilities
Experience of leading a class team of support staff
Salary - Outer London MPS + SEN1 allowance
At Sherwood Park School we offer:
• A supportive, safe and nurturing environment with learning for everyone at its centre
• Excellent leadership support, professional development and guidance
• Support from a dynamic and highly effective multi-therapy team
• “The best opportunities for making progress and achieving” (Ofsted, December 2018)
About Sherwood Park School
Sherwood Park is an extremely popular foundation special school for pupils with severe/ profound and complex learning difficulties and/or disabilities (SLD/PMLD) and those on the autism spectrum (ASD) who have complex needs. Sherwood Park is a split-site school with campuses in Wallington (SLD/PMLD) and Carshalton (ASD/Complex Needs).
- Streeters Lane, Wallington, Surrey, SM6 7NP
- Not Applicable
- Special School
- Sherwood Park School website (opens in a new window)