Successful teaching experience across the ability range of Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4.
Proven experience of:
- Motivating and supporting colleagues
- Using data for school improvement
- Curriculum development work
- A commitment to be an outstanding teacher. Ambition to make a difference to pupils learning in History
- Ability to be a team member and team leader
- Can plan lessons strategically to ensure that progress is made
- Ability to motivate and challenge
- Ability to delegate effectively
- An excellent understanding of how to use data to monitor performance of students and intervene when necessary
- An understanding of the need to reduce the gap between those who are disadvantaged and those who are not
Thank you for your interest in our school.
We are a diverse medium-sized Secondary school judged by Ofsted to be Good in 2018. We are proud to be part of Beckfoot Trust and to serve our local community. We are determined to create a positive legacy and we strive every day to make our school sentence a reality and to live our values.
The school taught students to act with integrity and kindness and they went on to demonstrate excellence in their chosen field; it was a place where all belonged.
Excellence: We work hard. We strive to be better tomorrow than we are today.
Integrity: We are honest. We do the right thing because it is the right thing to do.
Kindness: We work as a team. We care about others.
We are highly ambitious for our students, and we are working incredibly hard to craft a purposeful, motivational and inclusive culture with exceptional pedagogy at the heart. We are ‘team Beckfoot Upper Heaton and ‘team child’.
Our overall aim is to be in the top 10% of schools nationally by 2027 at the latest.
We believe in keeping things simple and our 4 priorities to be better tomorrow than we are today are;
- Drive up attendance
- Further develop a curriculum of high ambition
- Embed a model of excellence for pedagogy
- Develop a teach not tell behaviour curriculum
This job post has expired.