Assistant Head of English
This job expired on 20 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
20 March 2023 at 9am
7 February 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Englishjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Full time
- TLR £6,148 plus Wren Allowance
What skills and experience we're looking for
Skills and Experience
- A minimum of two years teaching experience
- Possess a good degree and QTS.
- An excellent teacher with the ability to inspire students to become effective, self directed learners.
- A secure knowledge and understanding of their subjects/curriculum areas and the contribution their subject makes to cross-curricular learning.
- The knowledge and skills to achieve outstanding examination results.
- Possess a clear understanding of the requirements and opportunities of the secondary curriculum.
- Experience of teaching a range of year groups.
- Show evidence of developing the learning capacity of students by being effective learning role models.
- Be able to support the delivery of school ethos and policies.
- Show evidence of continued professional development.
- Relevant experience of working in comprehensive and multicultural environments.
- Know how to use statistical information to evaluate the effectiveness of their teaching and to monitor the progress of those that they teach.
- Be willing to act upon advice and feedback and being open to mentoring and coaching.
- Be receptive and constructively critical of whole school innovation which will lead to benefits and improvements in teaching and learning.
- Be reflective and systematic in operating effective self-evaluation systems.
People, Relationships and Communications
- Be committed to maintaining a distinctive and inclusive Christian ethos in the Academy.
- Be able to relate to all students in a positive and constructive way and inspire them to achieve more than they think possible.
- Have qualities which earn the trust and respect of students, staff, parents and governors.
- Be able to inspire and motivate students.
- Possess integrity, optimism, credibility, resilience, calmness and a sense of proportion.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have the ability to relate positively to parents and other stakeholders and engage them successfully in the life of the academy.
- Appreciate the balance between academic, social and emotional development of young people.
What the school offers its staff
All teachers joining Wren receive a high-quality professional development experience. We hope that simply by working at the new academy, teachers will become better practitioners and that much of the best professional development will be found in working with Wren colleagues.
We explicitly prioritise CPD with an innovative programme which provides 3discrete hours for the development of teachers. Within this structure there is a focus on engaging with the latest educational research, with many colleagues undertaking research projects related to their practice. Therefore, we are looking to recruit teachers who are keen to become the very best teachers whilst focusing on ensuring excellent progress.
Our new buildings which we occupied in December 2022 are architecturally impressive and provide an exceptional teaching environment with breath-taking views across the greenbelt and into London. As well as a range of good-sized well-equipped classrooms the site benefits from the following features:
- A welcoming and pleasant restaurant area for both staff and students which is set at the heart of the school
- Dance studio, extensive gym, and assembly hall
- Impressive Sixth Form social and study areas
- Excellent performance spaces both in and outdoors
- Pleasant outdoor social and learning areas for both staff and students
The development of a second academy has led to collaboration and innovation opportunities which benefit all staff and have improved the provision of both schools. Many professional development opportunities have been created which ensure that all colleagues are well equipped and encouraged to be effective in their role.
At Wren you will be given time to plan and evaluate your lessons and intervention strategies. You will be part of a learning dialogue with colleagues for which time is set aside. Most importantly of all, you will be working with young people who are talented and enthusiastic about their learning.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Wren Academy Enfield
- School type
- Free School, Church of England, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 368 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Wren Academy Enfield website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Arranging a visit to Wren Academy Enfield
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
English Teacher with KS3 Coordinator Responsibility
Ark Bolingbroke Academy
Wakehurst Road, London, SW11 6BF
English - Deputy Faculty Leader
The Ongar Academy
Ongar, Essex, CM5 0AN
Avanti House School
Wemborough Road, Stanmore, Middlesex, HA7 2EQ
Rivers Academy West London
Tachbrook Road, Feltham, Middlesex, TW14 9PE
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Enfield