Skills and Experience
- A minimum of two years teaching experience
- Possess a good degree and QTS.
- An excellent teacher with the ability to
inspire students to become effective, self directed learners.
- A secure knowledge and understanding of
their subjects/curriculum areas and the contribution their subject makes to
- The knowledge and skills to achieve
outstanding examination results.
- Possess a clear understanding of the
requirements and opportunities of the secondary curriculum.
- Experience of teaching a range of year
- Show evidence of developing the learning
capacity of students by being effective learning role models.
- Be able to support the delivery of school ethos
- Show evidence of continued professional
- Relevant experience of working in
comprehensive and multicultural
- Know how to use statistical information
to evaluate the effectiveness of their teaching and to monitor the progress of
those that they teach.
- Be willing to act upon advice and
feedback and being open to mentoring and
- Be receptive and constructively critical of
whole school innovation which will lead to benefits and improvements in
teaching and learning.
- Be reflective and systematic in operating
effective self-evaluation systems.
People, Relationships and
- Be committed to maintaining a distinctive and
inclusive Christian ethos in the Academy.
- Be able to relate to all students in a positive
and constructive way and inspire them to achieve more than they think possible.
- Have qualities which earn the trust and respect
of students, staff, parents and governors.
- Be able to inspire and motivate students.
- Possess integrity, optimism, credibility,
resilience, calmness and a sense of proportion.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication
- Have the ability to relate positively to
parents and other stakeholders and engage them successfully in the life of the
Appreciate the balance between academic, social and emotional
development of young people.
All teachers joining Wren receive a high-quality professional development experience. We hope that simply by working at the new academy, teachers will become better practitioners and that much of the best professional development will be found in working with Wren colleagues.
We explicitly prioritise CPD with an innovative programme which provides 3discrete hours for the development of teachers. Within this structure there is a focus on engaging with the latest educational research, with many colleagues undertaking research projects related to their practice. Therefore, we are looking to recruit teachers who are keen to become the very best teachers whilst focusing on ensuring excellent progress.
Our new buildings which we occupied in December 2022 are architecturally impressive and provide an exceptional teaching environment with breath-taking views across the greenbelt and into London. As well as a range of good-sized well-equipped classrooms the site benefits from the following features:
- A welcoming and pleasant restaurant area for both staff and students which is set at the heart of the school
- Dance studio, extensive gym, and assembly hall
- Impressive Sixth Form social and study areas
- Excellent performance spaces both in and outdoors
- Pleasant outdoor social and learning areas for both staff and students
The development of a second academy has led to collaboration and innovation opportunities which benefit all staff and have improved the provision of both schools. Many professional development opportunities have been created which ensure that all colleagues are well equipped and encouraged to be effective in their role.
At Wren you will be given time to plan and evaluate your lessons and intervention strategies. You will be part of a learning dialogue with colleagues for which time is set aside. Most importantly of all, you will be working with young people who are talented and enthusiastic about their learning.
This job post has expired.