We have an exciting opportunity for a an Assistant Head of Year - Non teaching to join our supportive and hardworking Team at The Oldham Academy North. The purpose of this role is to support the Head of Year in overseeing the general welfare, progress, behaviour and overall pastoral needs of students in a specified year group and to address pastoral needs of students who require assistance in overcoming barriers to learning in order to achieve their full potential.
- To lead on co-ordinating appropriate interventions for students in your year group whose attendance, behaviour or achievement is a concern.
- To work closely with KS3 (STC) to support the larger year groups.
- To manage specific areas of pastoral support such an uniform, students habits, lates. etc.
- To provide intervention strategies to students who experience barriers to their learning.
- To liaise with relevant colleagues to agree appropriate mentoring for any disadvantaged or disaffected students not already identified and/or those at risk of disengagement.
- To work with identified vulnerable students and any others requiring support.
- To work with students and in partnership with parents, appropriate staff and other agencies to bring about improved behaviour and attendance at academy.
For a full description of the role, see the job description and job specification.
Salary: £19,764 - £21,821 - FTE - £22,571 - £24,920 37 hours per week - 39 weeks per year
We know just how important it is to think big and to help break those glass ceilings faced by young people today. Together we can encourage our pupils to step out from their comfort zones, build self-esteem and broaden their horizons.
Th Oldham Academy North is an ambitious, inclusive 11-16 academy in Oldham. We set high expectations for our students in all areas and encourage them to become ambassadors of their community. We continue to be a 'Good' school, whilst leading to excellent student progress and putting us in the top 20% of schools nationally. To find out more about us, please visit: https://theoldhamacademynorth.e-act.org.uk/
What the trust offers in return:
- Competitive local Government Pension Scheme
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Market leading Personal Development and Training plans to further your career
- Access to Mental Health First Aid Programme
- 24 hours access to Employee Assistance Programme
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 18,000 pupils and over 2,500 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country.
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job post has expired.