Assistant Head Teacher
Moulsham Junior School, Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 9DG
This job expired on 5 October 2022 – see similar jobs
Expected start date
1 January 2023
5 October 2022 at 12pm (midday)
20 September 2022
About Moulsham Junior School
- School type
- Academy, ages 7 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 679 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 7 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in a new tab)
- School website
- Moulsham Junior School website (opens in a new tab)
- Contact email
- Contact phone number
- 01245 352098
Moulsham Junior School opened in 1938 and the school is situated in large, pleasant, leafy grounds. It shares a ‘campus’ with Moulsham Infant School and Moulsham High School.
The school has a large playing field and grassed area adjacent to the spacious playground. There is a gym area; two trim trails and a large adventure play castle for those children who wish to burn off extra energy. We have established a Forest School area so that we can maximise outdoor learning and a sensory garden, which is utilised by all pupils.
Each Year Group has either five or six classes. The Head of Year is responsible, alongside the class teacher, for the pastoral care and learning of all the children in their Year Group. The Headteacher and Deputy Headteacher have overall responsibility for the pastoral care of the children and the academic management of the school.
Our children work towards a reward each half term known as Prize Time. At the start of the half term, each class chooses a reward such as a park visit, wheels afternoon or a class movie; in order to earn the reward the children also set themselves a target of house points to achieve across the class. House Points are awarded, for example, for good behaviour or work.
The school is divided into four Houses - Earth, Water, Fire and Air. Children from all four Houses are in every class. The House System is used for sports day and various competitions.
We became an Academy in April 2012. Becoming an Academy has given us increased freedom to create a curriculum that meets the needs of our children as well as greater control over how we spend our budget to benefit our children.
Our School Motto is:
“Sharing, Supporting, Striving, Succeeding”
Our Mission Statement being:
“To work together enthusiastically so as to inspire children to achieve their personal best and be well equipped for the future.”
The aims of the school are as follows:
• Provide a stimulating, safe and secure learning environment where all members of the school community are happy, feel valued, respected and are motivated.
• Enable each child to be literate and numerate, achieving their own personal best.
• Provide a broad and balanced curriculum that inspires and develops the whole child.
• Encourage children to be self-disciplined so that they become responsible and caring members of the community.
• Celebrate individual successes so that everyone develops a positive self-esteem.
• Motivate children to develop independent thinking, a love of learning and high expectations.
• Promote positive relationships with parents and the wider community.
Arranging a visit to Moulsham Junior School
Visits can be arranged by contacting the Headteacher's PA
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed