Assistant Headteacher - EYFS
Are you an outstanding teacher with proven leadership qualities? We are looking for a visionary and enthusiastic leader of Early Years to take our good provision (one Nursery and three Reception Classes) to the next level of its development.
The successful candidate will enjoy reaching the highest levels of success while creating innovative approaches to Early Years education with our talented children, within a very supportive community of children, parents and professionals. The successful candidate will be a member of our Senior Leadership Team and will therefore be taking part in significant strategic, long term decisions for the school.
The role will also involve being a Lead Practitioner for Windsor Academy Trust, working collaboratively with Early Years staff across our five primary schools to develop a trust-wide strategy for early education.
Colley Lane Primary Academy is part of the Windsor Academy Trust.
We are looking for someone to join our supportive and forward thinking team who:
• puts children at the top of the agenda
• is able to demonstrate excellent teaching, with experience of teaching within the Foundation Stage
• has good interpersonal and leadership skills
• has strong commitment to raising achievement
• can excite, inspire and motivate children and staff
• has proven track record in raising standards
• is knowledgeable and passionate about education
• is open to new ideas and approaches
• commits themselves to success through effort and teamwork.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status
Good Honours Degree
Essential skills and experience
Qualified Teacher Status and evidence of appropriate in-service training.
Substantial successful experience of teaching practice in early years.
Good Honours Degree or Equivalent.
Significant, proven experience of leading improvement and managing others effectively.
A sound knowledge of child development, early childhood education, current early years policy.
Excellent knowledge and understanding of how to implement the statutory learning, assessment, welfare and safeguarding requirements of the EYFS curriculum.
Knowledge and understanding of processes for monitoring, assessment, recording and reporting pupils’ progress and the impact these activities have on driving effective teaching and learning.
About Colley Lane Primary Academy
- Colley Lane, Halesowen, West Midlands, B63 2TN
- Colley Lane Primary Academy website (opens in a new window)