- Salary Range L5 - L19 (£46,566 - £51,402)
Assistant Headteacher - Forward Education Trust job summary
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Headteacher to join High Point Academy, a brand-new purpose built special free school in Friar Park, Wednesbury. Our new Academy will grow to educate up to 90 pupils aged 11-16 years with autism and moderate learning difficulties. High Point opened in September 2021 and is part of Forward Education Trust, a growing Multi Academy Trust established in 2017 serving special schools across the West Midland area.
You will have significant knowledge and experience of:
• working in a special school setting with some leadership responsibility
• mentoring staff and holding others to account
• working within a number of key stages and phases
• developing high and aspirational outcomes for learners with diverse needs and abilities
You will be required to:
• mentor others to achieve consistently high standards of teaching and learning
• lead pupil progress meetings with teams across the whole school
• to act as the exams officer for KS4 offer
• contribute significantly to the school development plan and whole school curriculum leading on key curriculum area
• be ambitious for the learning outcomes for all learners across the school
We can offer you:
• a commitment to support you in developing new skills through a wide range of professional development opportunities and experiences
• the opportunity to make a huge contribution to the education and lives of children who respond very positively to high quality teaching.
• a friendly and inclusive working environment
You will offer us:
• your considerable skill as a good/outstanding teacher who has experience of working with children with special needs.
• your commitment to engaging and inspiring our pupils and the ability to make a real difference to their learning.
• your flexibility, commitment and excellent interpersonal skills.
• your ability to initiate and lead change in a positive way.
The successful candidate will be an exemplary teacher who is highly experienced, enthusiastic, and motivated to share in the leadership and management of our school.
If you feel you possess these qualities, are passionate about working alongside pupils with SEND and would like to shape their futures at a progressive school, then we would like to hear from you.
This job post has expired.