This is an exciting role, with the opportunity to work centrally for the trust across all four secondary schools. The successful candidate will be part of a team of two Assistant Headteachers working alongside the CEO and Director of Secondary Education.
The successful candidate will gain a wide range of experience and be encouraged to develop professionally, with a view to being well prepared for promotion into Deputy Headteacher or Headteacher at some point in the future.
- Supporting the Director of Secondary in providing clear and high quality actions (plans) for schools to make improvements to their provision/practice
- Supporting the schools to implement these plans strategically and operationally
- Supporting and at times leading the development of Heads of Faculty and Subject Leaders within our schools
- To be part of our review teams that QA the Quality of Education, identifying best practice, concerns and areas for further development
- Procuring and delivering relevant high quality training for teachers so that they are consistently able to deliver high quality lessons which enable all students to make good progress
- Supporting subjects in consistently delivering high quality lessons which enable all students to make good progress
- Reviewing the curriculum offered by faculties and subjects within our schools to ensure that they are coherently sequenced with opportunities for students to embed learning into long term memory and make good progress
- Liaising with external agencies/partners where necessary
- Teach 6-10 periods a fortnight
- Attend SLT meetings at one of the Trust’s secondary schools
- Attend school functions as required
- Produce reports for the Director of Secondary Education, CEO and Trustees as required.
- Have a high, visible presence around the school where they are based
- Performance manage staff as allocated by the Headteacher/CEO/Director of Secondary Education
- Be an advocate for the Bridge Academy Trust at all times
Here at Bridge Academy Trust, we are
dedicated to bringing about significant improvement to the life chances of our
children. We want them to be safe, happy, well-educated and rounded young
people who are active citizens and are fully prepared for the world beyond
school; not just to cope with the world they will be part of, but to shape it.
Our commitment to achieving these goals
for our children begins with the work of our amazing school leaders, teachers,
support staff, trustees and governors. It is our collective responsibility to
develop schools capable of delivering truly world-class education in the 21st
Century. This is why we are fully committed to supporting and developing every
member of staff to be the best that they can be.
It is the responsibility of the Bridge
Executive Board working with and alongside school leaders, central staff and
all school staff to deliver this strategy and to bring it to fruition. The
Board of Trustees and Bridge Executive Board will receive regular information
and feedback from staff at all levels to reflect and to monitor the impact of
are here to inspire, empower and educate. We are here with the knowledge,
guidance and resources to enable you to become the best you can be.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful, an enhanced DBS check would be sought. The Bridge Academy Trust welcomes applications from those of all backgrounds, faiths and ethnic groups.
This job post has expired.