- Job role
- Key stage
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
Are you an experienced Primary Teacher looking for a role as an Assistant Head Teacher?
Would you like to work in a top rated Primary School under an established Head Teacher and Deputy?
Can you teach outstanding lessons as well as inspire and instruct other teachers to become outstanding?
Yes? Keep reading….
The Governors are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, talented and highly motivated lead professional, who will make a significant contribution to the ongoing development of our highly effective and successful school. The successful candidate you will be part of a team of four Assistant Headteachers and will lead UKS2 and a curriculum team (English, The Arts or Science & Technology - based on their area of expertise)
We welcome applicants who can provide:
• A proven track record of leading initiatives as a subject leader, which have brought about improved outcomes for pupils;
• Excellent subject knowledge and a proven ability to consistently deliver outstanding lessons;
• The ability to interpret data and use targets to drive improvement;
• A passion for learning and a sound understanding of how children learn;
• The ability to lead by example and to set high expectations for themselves and others;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to lead, inspire and motivate a team;
• A commitment to working in partnership with the whole school community.
• A first class leadership opportunity, with a real opportunity to contribute to the strategic development of the school;
• Up to 0.4 non-contact time to support wider professional duties;
• A happy and successful school with motivated pupils and high standards of behaviour;
• A friendly, supportive and committed staff;
• Excellent professional development;
• Great transport links.
This job post has expired.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 413 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
About Old Palace Primary School
Welcome to our school website, which we hope will be informative and give you a flavour of the school’s aims and achievements. Everything we do at Old Palace is intended to ensure that the children are happy at school, love learning and become the best that they can be. We appreciate that every child has unique talents, abilities and preferences in learning and we constantly strive to help each child develop the learning skills they will need to prosper in later life. In doing so, we appreciate the need for effective partnerships with parents to ensure that learning continues beyond the school gate and have in place a range of initiatives to support parents in helping their child.
In addition to helping our pupils achieve academically, we also wish to create healthy and active citizens, who care for and respect each other, who make wise behaviour choices and who challenge discrimination in all its forms. The school is committed to providing a broad and balanced curriculum, enriched through regular educational visits and successful links with our community and business partners. The importance of emotional and physical well being is taught through our fitness, sports and PHSE programmes and we have invested heavily in the use of new technology to make certain that our pupils have access to this, especially as it may not always be available to them at home. This together with the skills and dedication of our staff allows Old Palace to continue to provide its pupils with the best possible start to their education.
Arranging a visit to Old Palace Primary School
If you are an outstanding practitioner committed to achieving excellence, please make an appointment to visit the school by contacting the admin team on 0208 980 3020.