This job expired on 27 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
27 March 2023 at 12pm (midday)
17 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Full timejobs - Working hours is based on the standard leadership terms and conditions.
Full-time equivalent salary
- £65,170 - £70,934
- L11 - 15
What skills and experience we're looking for
The Assistant Headteacher, under the direction of the Executive Headteacher will take a major role in:
- Formulating the intent and implementation of Trinity School (4-16)
- Establishing and consistently applying policies for achieving these aims and objectives
- Managing staff and resources to that end
- Monitoring progress towards the achievement of the school’s aims and objectives
- Reviewing the impact of schools activities and practices to ensure they are having the desired effect
- Strategically leading specific key stages, curriculum areas and/or other areas of school-wide responsibility, as directed by the Executive Headteacher
The specific responsibilities of all the members of the SLT are agreed each year and for professional development are often rotated to enable staff to broaden their leadership skills and understanding of how all aspects operate within a school.
In addition to carrying out the professional duties of a teacher, the Assistant Headteacher will:
- Model the vision and ethos of the school to ensure all members of the school community strive to be terrific Trinitarians.
- Lead learning by being outstanding models of both learners and teachers
- Have a teaching commitment to meet the needs of the school
- Work alongside the Executive Headteacher to enhance a positive culture
- Take responsibility for their own learning and development as educational professionals
- Ensure their own wellbeing and that of others by establishing an appropriate balance between life and work
- Work closely with staff and members of the community so that no child is left behind, so that all can flourish and all those with SEND / PP (any identified group) are given appropriate support to minimise any gaps in performance.
- Play an active part in the life of the through school and its community leading and supporting staff and pupils and representing the school at public events.
- See more in job pack.
What the school offers its staff
Trinity is a
fantastic place to work with motivated and well-behaved pupils, a committed and
experienced governing body, dedicated staff and supportive parents.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Trinity Church of England School, Lewisham
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Church of England, ages 4 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Through schooljobs
- School size
- 1007 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Trinity all through school is a thriving community, where our staff and pupils are enthusiastic, conscientious, talented and caring. We take appointing new staff very seriously and seek other professionals who are committed to young people and supporting Trinity to continue to move forward. We are very proud of our school and are seeking likeminded people to join us with our vision and ethos of making all pupils succeed in a happy and caring environment. The successful candidate will help support our inclusive vision in providing the very best education for all children and help us to achieve the next level of success.
Arranging a visit to Trinity Church of England School, Lewisham
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Reach Academy Feltham
53-55 High Street, Feltham, Middlesex, TW13 4AB
Harris Garrard Academy
Yarnton Way, Erith, Kent, DA18 4DW
Assistant Headteacher - Inclusion (SENDCO)
The Gatwick School
23 Gatwick Road, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9TP
Aurora Academies Trust
Gunters Lane, Bexhill On Sea, TN39 4ED
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in London