- Leadership Pay Scale 16 (£64,514) to Leadership Pay Scale 20 £70,713 (full-time equivalent)
Assistant Headteacher job summary
Are you an inspirational leader with a proven track record of success at middle or senior management? Are you passionate about leading in an innovative and forward thinking school?
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and enthusiastic Assistant Headteacher to join our Leadership Team and drive forward the vision for our school.
The successful candidate will:
• Work to ensure excellent outcomes and provision across all areas and key stages of the school
• Support in the development and communication of the school’s vision and ethos, policies, systems, organisation and processes
• Promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and anti-discriminatory practice
• Provide strategic and operational leadership of key areas of the school’s activities
• Line manage linked middle leaders, overseeing the quality of provision in linked departments and year groups, ensuring regular and systematic reviews provide early identification of strengths/weaknesses and effective interventions as required
• Establish a culture of sharing good practice throughout the school and with other schools/organisations to secure excellent outcomes for all
• Develop a broad, balanced and coherent curriculum that meets the needs of all students
• Maintain high standards of behaviour and engagement and provide a safe, calm and well-ordered environment for all students and staff
• Champion and support the progress and personal development of vulnerable, disadvantaged and underachieving groups of students
• Build and maintain positive working relationships among all members of the school community
• Assist as required in ensuring the school meets all statutory safeguarding requirements and safeguarding provision reflects best practice
• Staff are supportive and collaborative
• We serve a diverse and supportive local community who value education
• State of the art building with well-equipped classrooms, excellent resources and modern facilities
• You’ll be working in an OFSTED rated ‘Outstanding’ school
• Exceptional and wide-ranging CPD opportunities
• Staff Wellbeing group who promote a healthy work life balance and arrange activities such as weekly staff yoga, on-site massage, weekly fruit, breakfast boxes, well-being garden, book club with free Kindle loan
• Free annual flu jab, free use of the on-site gym, Cycle to Work tax free bike scheme
Applying for the job
To apply via the application form, please click on the link below which will take you to the school website.More on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Whitmore High School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 18
- School size
- 1713 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
Please view our school website for further details on the school. OFSTED graded outstanding in all areas and commented “Students have outstanding attitudes to learning and take pride in their work”. Our students are happy, well behaved and make excellent progress.
Whitmore High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and all staff are expected to share this commitment. A copy of our child protection policy can be found on the school website. All appointments are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and pre-employment checks. It is an offence to apply for this role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children. Under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, this post is listed as an exempted employment. You therefore need to reveal all spent convictions during the recruitment and vetting process.