Leadership Pay Spine 11-15 (Remit to be negotiated with successful candidate)
The specific responsibilities of the successful candidate will be determined by the Principal based upon appointment and will be based on the requirements of the academy and the successful candidates prior experience.
DEVELOPING PROFESSIONAL AND CONSTRUCTIVE RELATIONSHIPS
• Promote the Academy vision and values and an ethos in which the highest achievements are expected from all members of the Academy community.
• Establish and develop effective team working practices.
• Develop rigorous procedures for monitoring the performance of all staff including setting objectives and individual personal development plans, including reference to the Trust’s staff appraisal policies.
• Ensure an aspirational and motivational culture is developed, sustained and celebrated.
• Be able to prioritise, be efficient and meet deadlines.
• Be an effective and clear line manager.
• Evaluate others performance and be committed to improving their practice through appropriate professional development (i.e. training, mentoring etc.)
• Recognise the importance of self-evaluation in raising standards.
• Have a creative and constructively critical approach towards innovation; being prepared to adapt their practice where benefits and improvements are identified.
• Review the effectiveness of their teaching and its impact on learners’ progress, attainment and well-being refining their approaches where necessary.
• Work effectively with the Principal and Executive Principal, the Chair of the Local Governing Body and the Local Governing Body itself to enable it to meet its responsibilities for securing effective teaching and learning and high standards of achievement, and for achieving efficiencies and value for money.
• Work closely with the Board of The GORSE Academies Trust, its other academies, strategic partners and stakeholders.
STRATEGIC DIRECTION AND DEVELOPMENT
• Support the Principal in the communication of the vision, effective management and operational efficiency to fulfil the ethos of the Academy.
• Lead on key specific areas of responsibility that ensure the realisation of an exceptional educational provision for all young people at the Academy.
• Work in conjunction with community, business and industry partners and other local community and educational organisations to develop reciprocal opportunities.
Applying for the job
An application pack is available to download from The GORSE Academies Trust website www.tgat.org.uk/jobs or by email to email@example.com. If you would like to know more about The Ruth Gorse Academy, please visit our website at www.ruthgorse.leeds.sch.uk.
Please note if you submit an electronic application, we will not require a hard copy. CVs are not accepted.
Closing date: Monday 17th May 2021 (9am)
More on how to apply
Applications should be returned to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview date: Friday 21 May 2021
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
1201 pupils enrolled
11 to 16
About The Ruth Gorse Academy
Working as part of The GORSE Academies Trust, Ruth Gorse Academy ensures that students receive an outstanding education focuses on aspiration, high expectations and personalisation. Together these non-negotiable values instil in young people a self-belief enables to access the highest standard higher provision employment. We believe poverty deprivation should, no way, limit either quality person’s educational experience or levels achievement which those are able rise. In July 2017 exceptional nature our work at was recognised by Ofsted; we would encourage you read Outstanding Ofsted report is available website. September 2018 brought with it first cohort Year 11 Academy. have doubt will reap benefits immersion within culture their examination results. passionate about ensuring opportunity actively choose next steps opposed having avenues closed off them due poor results qualifications. Our pastoral care, support guidance expect any successful candidate be mind-set where they anything possible. Likewise, professional body also from CPD personalised your particular needs experience. Led Sir John Townsley, nationally renowned Trust strong united. As regular opportunities partnership colleagues other secondary academies across phase. At level, two four been graded has recently joined achieve World Class Schools Quality Mark Award.