We are looking for an outstanding leader to join us as Assistant Principal, supporting the strategic and operational management, development and leadership of Harris Academy Sutton, and ensuring the achievement of our ethos, aims and objectives.
We would like to hear from you if you have:
- QTS (or equivalent) and a good undergraduate degree
- Extensive teaching experience
- Outstanding teaching practice
- Successful management experience as Head of Department or member of the SLT
- Experience of writing department SEF
- Experience of lesson observations and giving feedback
- Experience of improvement planning
- Experience of implementing a range of strategies to raise student achievement, with evidence of success
- Contribution to impact on the quality of learning and teaching and curriculum
- Experience of developing and sustaining positive relationships with students, parents, staff and the Governing Body to build consensus support and capacity
- Proven track record of managing and implementing change in relation to teaching practices and standards
- A track record of success in leadership and management
We believe that a happy and settled staff body helps drive the very best performance from our students. We are committed to a high-quality professional development programme and can drawn on expertise from across the Harris Federation. As a HASU member of staff at any level you will receive the training and support that you need to carry out your role effectively and develop at a pace that suits you.
We are committed to ensuring that our staff have the right level of balance between work and home life. Our policies and procedures are aimed at allowing our teaching staff to spend as much time as possible planning and delivering lessons.
We work in an award-winning building with excellent facilities. Our thriving staff association ensures all new members of staff soon feel part of the HASU community.
We run a broad and diverse curriculum to a fully comprehensive intake of students, with a highly academically-focussed sixth-form.
Our focus on the core value of Integrity means that our behaviour is excellent, with staff supported by a strong and highly visible Academy Leadership Group. Detentions are run centrally, allowing teaching staff to do what they do best: plan and teach amazing lessons.
Attendance and engagement with learning is high, and centrally planned tutor time resources ensure that our tutors can engage with students whilst delivering high-quality experiences.
In addition to the opportunities for career development and progression, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance for teachers on MPS/UPS, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions, a Wellbeing Cash Plan including access to a virtual GP, electric car scheme, and many other benefits.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating a true learning institution
in the academy at all levels
- Playing a major role in formulating
the aims and objectives of the academy
- Leading the development and
maintenance of a high quality positive learning environment
- Taking full responsibility for all
aspects of teaching and learning in your key area of responsibility
- Ensuring high quality teaching across
- Working with colleagues to ensure
data is used effectively and consistently
- Working with the SLT to lead the
academy's assessment and reporting programme
- Supporting staff in making sure high
quality intervention programmes are in place
- Supporting colleagues and subject leaders
in developing schemes of learning, short and medium term planning
- Developing strategies to enhance
teachers' ability to learn and develop advanced skills
- Raising students' aspirations and
achievement through personalising learning
- Ensuring the highest standards of
achievement for all students
- Ensuring equal access to and
participation in all aspects of the curriculum for all students
- Ensuring the efficient and effective
provision of cross curricular skills, knowledge and understanding
- Identifying what are successful
learning outcomes and monitoring students' progress, continuity and progression
- Monitor, evaluate and review
classroom practice and promote improvement strategies
- Monitoring, reviewing and evaluating
teaching and learning
- Maintaining an informed view of teaching
standards and quality
- Challenging under-performance at all
levels and throughout all departments
- Establishing high standards of
behaviour, learning and attainment
- Demonstrating and articulating high
- Acting as a role model in learning,
teaching and assessment
- Leading, managing and coordinating
the activities of staff
- Assisting in implementing effective
procedures to support underperforming teachers
- Maintaining high morale amongst staff
- Contributing to recruitment,
training, deployment and professional development of staff
- Promoting effective management of the
Academy environment, its site and buildings
- Providing information about the work
and performance of staff
- Chairing meetings
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, references, an online search, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed.
This job post has expired.