Are you an experienced and dynamic educational leader with a
proven track record of transforming mathematics departments and driving
outstanding outcomes? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join
our team as a Director of Maths. This is a critical role in the academy,
leading a team of Maths specialists, hence why this role holds the important
position as Assistant Principal.
At Ormiston Park, we are committed to providing a
high-quality education that empowers students to reach their full potential. As
an Assistant Principal: Director of Maths, you will play a pivotal role in
shaping the future of our mathematics department and ensuring our students
excel in this critical subject.
- Lead and manage the mathematics department, providing
strategic direction and guidance to a team of dedicated teachers.
- Develop and implement innovative teaching and learning
strategies to enhance student engagement and achievement.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the mathematics
curriculum, ensuring it aligns with national standards and best practices.
- Collaborate with teachers to identify areas for improvement
and provide targeted professional development opportunities.
- Analyse data and utilise assessment tools to track student
progress, identifying areas of concern and implementing appropriate
- Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment that
promotes a love for mathematics and encourages students to reach their full
- Establish strong relationships with parents, guardians,
and external stakeholders to ensure effective communication and collaboration.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a leadership role
within a mathematics department.
- Proven success in improving mathematics outcomes and
raising standards within a school setting.
- A brilliant teacher who can inspire students and lead
other teachers to become expert Maths teachers
- A deep understanding of current educational trends,
pedagogical approaches, and assessment strategies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the
ability to inspire and motivate both staff and students.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a
data-driven approach to decision-making.
- A commitment to fostering an inclusive and diverse
- Relevant qualifications and certifications in education or
mathematics (e.g., Qualified Teacher Status and degree in Mathematics, etc.).
Join our dedicated team of educators and make a lasting
impact on the lives of our students. If you are passionate about mathematics
education and have a proven track record of transforming mathematics
departments, we want to hear from you.
Ormiston Park is a growing 11-16
Academy. Our vision of ‘Believe and Achieve’ underpins all aspects of academy
life in our impressive, well-resourced, buildings and grounds – the school was
built as part of the Building Schools for the Future project). You will join a
caring and committed body of staff and enjoy working with friendly and enthusiastic
students of whom we are extremely proud. You will play a vital role in
providing the highest quality provision, impacting positively on outcomes for
our students, ensuring aspirations become reality. Ormiston Park Academy is an
Ofsted graded ‘good’ school.
This job post has expired.