A fantastic leadership opportunity within our highly successful academy has arisen. The Trust is seeking to appoint a highly effective leader to take on the role of Assistant Principal at The Leigh UTC and Inspiration Academy; the appointed candidate will play a huge part in accelerating the development of the school into an outstanding provider of education. The appointed candidate will demonstrate real ambition to improve the life chances of the students at The Leigh UTC and Inspiration Academy.
The Leigh UTC and Inspiration Academy is heavily oversubscribed and having recently increased admissions, the scope of this role is significant. Reporting directly to the Vice Principal, you will receive encouragement, support and guidance not only to develop the academy, but also your own career within the Trust.
Application process: Please use the online application function to submit your application, including a supporting statement of no more than one A4 side with a focus on why you are a suitable candidate for the role. The closing date is Thursday 24th October 2019 at midday. Shortlisting will then be carried out and interviews will be conducted week commencing 28th October 2019. If you have any queries on the application process or need additional information, please contact Olivia Couzins (Head of Recruitment) on 01634 412 240.
We wish to hear from you if you really want to change our education world and are:
- an enthusiastic, energetic and ambitious school leader with a track record of success at secondary level;
- a STEM specialist, particularly Physics or Maths;
- a motivational and aspirational leader with high expectations of staff;
- confident and able to communicate a clear vision for the school;
able to develop children to reach their full potential regardless of background or circumstance;
- approachable and keen to work with staff across the Trust to ensure wide success;
- able to establish and develop excellent relationships with the community and other stakeholders.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
Essential skills and experience
Experience teaching and strong leadership skills.
What we can offer you:
- a competitive salary;
- an exciting LAT career path with opportunities for further progression in the future;
- the opportunity to assist in leading a large, currently good academy to outstanding status supported by a dedicated academy leadership team;
- security and support on your journey from close collaboration with peers across the LAT family of academies.
- the opportunity to implement the Trust’s ‘human scale education’ philosophy at The Leigh UTC and Inspiration Academy to drive further academic improvement.
Being a part of Leigh Academies Trust: As of September 2019, our Trust is comprised of 25 geographically organised academies (11 secondaries, 13 primaries and 1 special) educating over 15,000 students, and employing over 2,500 talented staff. We also have three further academies in development phase, due to open between September 2020-2021. The Trust is establishing four ‘clusters’ of academies: North West Kent; Central Kent; South East London; Medway. In addition, the Trust is responsible for one of the region’s biggest initial teaching training providers and a large teaching school. As part of Leigh Academies Trust, you will have ample opportunity to collaborate with your peers both within the academy and across the whole Trust. This is an important part of our vision as we know through experience that we perform better when we work together. You are supported to undertake regular self-development to continue your professional development and hopefully progress further within the organisation. We strive to offer a range of benefits that all employees can take advantage of which we regularly review and add to - click here to view what you’d receive as a member of staff with Leigh Academies Trust.
Diversity at our core: As a Trust, we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals we all bring something unique to the role regardless of age, gender, race, beliefs or disabilities which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise.
The academy is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust.
About The Leigh UTC
- Brunel Way, Dartford, Kent, DA1 5TF
- Free School
- The Leigh UTC website (opens in a new window)