Required for Easter or earlier
The governors of our inspiring, friendly and rapidly improving academy wish to appoint an experienced, committed and highly skilled Assistant Principal to join our team. The new Assistant Principal will work alongside our Inclusion Leader to provide additional capacity to the SEND team and wider school leadership and take on an exciting role driving our community engagement and adult education programme. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of leadership, school improvement and detailed and extensive knowledge of SEND.
The GORSE Academies Trust has an increasingly well-known reputation for changing the deal for children and young adults who come from some of the most impoverished parts of the country. Our central mission is to ensure that our children receive an outstanding education that focuses on aspiration, respect, high expectations and personalisation.
Richmond Hill Academy joined The GORSE Academies Trust in November 2017 and is on the road to becoming the exceptional school which its community deserves.
Do you want to be part of our team and make a real difference to the lives of children in Leeds?
Are you interested in finding out more about the role and telling us about yourself? If so, please contact us via email@example.com
In the first instance, an application pack including full job description is available to download directly from our website at www.tgat.org.uk/jobs . All applications should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
CVs are not accepted.
Closing date: Thursday 5th December 2019
Interviews: W/C 9th December 2019
Working in partnership with The Gorse Academies Trust Richmond Hill Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, and expects all staff, governors and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks. We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.
Essential educational requirements
• An honours graduate (or equivalent) with Qualified Teacher Status.
• Evidence of a commitment to further professional training.
Essential skills and experience
• Evidence of successful team leadership.
• Evidence of good organisational and management competence.
• Evidence of having led change and developed behaviour for learning through innovation.
• Ability to contribute to the continued professional learning of colleagues.
• Understanding of up-to-date curriculum developments and qualification and performance measure changes.
• Experience of the use of data to raise standards.
• Experience of engaging effectively with parents and carers in learning.
• Evidence of significantly improving achievement levels for young people.
• Evidence of analysing, using and interpreting assessment data.
• Evidence of having implemented and led whole school strategies.
on going CPD
About The Richmond Hill Academy
- Clark Lane, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS9 8PN