- Leadership Scale points 12-16 (£55,338 per annum - £61,166 per annum)
Assistant Principal – Vulnerable Pupils (and Designated Safeguarding Lead) job summary
Come join our thriving 2-19 all-through college on its journey towards excellence!
We are seeking to appoint a highly dynamic, motivational and ambitious leader with a strong proven track record of raising standards and levels of achievement. You will be an outstanding leader and teacher who has drive, energy and passion whilst demonstrating exceptional skills in your ability to inspire young people to ‘be the very best they can be’.
Firmly committed to the highest standards and belief that all students can achieve great things, together we will strive to break down barriers to achievement and create exciting opportunities for our community. The successful candidate will work closely with the Head of School and members of the senior leadership team in our shared vision of taking the Academy from good to outstanding.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding practitioner with the ability to:
• Lead an all through college strategy that provides effective support for vulnerable pupils, both recognising their individual circumstances and ensuring they make good progress
• Ensure the most disadvantaged pupils (SEND and those in receipt of Pupil Premium funding)
• acquire the knowledge and cultural capital they need to succeed in life via a well-constructed, well taught curriculum
• Lead on a strategic recovery plan to support pupils in the various vulnerable groups whose education has been adversely impacted by the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic
• Take the lead responsibility for safeguarding and child protection across the college
As a valued member of our team at Hailsham Community College (Academy Trust) will can offer you:
• An environment with shared values and high aspiration which places a huge emphasis on “being the best you can be”
• A commitment to your continued professional development
• A hardworking and dedicated team
• A friendly and supportive atmosphere
• Automatic enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
• The opportunity to join our Corporate Membership to Benenden Health Care, where the Academy pays for half the membership. The membership to the scheme will allow each participating member to request a wide range of discretionary health care services.
• Cycle to work scheme.
If you have the motivation and drive for excellence and want to be a part of an enthusiastic dedicated and well-resourced team, committed to ensuring that all students make the best possible progress in an ambitious school with the desire to be ‘outstanding’, we would be pleased to receive an application from you.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Hailsham Community College
- School type
- Academy, ages 2 to 18
- School size
- 1419 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 2 to 18
Our two-form entry primary phase opened in September 2019 and we are eagerly awaiting the completion of our brand new state-of-the-art development on the secondary site. New facilities include a three-storey teaching block containing 22 classrooms and SEND hub, a fully refurbished Post 16 Learning Centre and a floodlit all-weather sports pitch to complement our already extensive sporting facilities.
Arranging a visit to Hailsham Community College
For further information on the role or if you wish to wish to arrange a visit to the college please contact the college Human Resources Manager on the above email address.