- Starting salary of £19,100 per annum (Term Time only)
Assistant Teacher (Year 7) job summary
Year 7 Assistant Teacher
Dates: Apply by Monday 23rd May 2022
Contract type: Full Time (8.00am - 4.30pm)
Contract term: Permanent
Salary: Starting Salary of £19,100 per annum (Term Time only)
Start Date: September 2022
The Reach Free School is looking to appoint a talented, supportive, adaptable individual to take on the role of Year 7 Assistant Teacher. The role would suit a graduate seeking experience of such an environment prior to embarking on a programme to gain qualified teacher status. Over the last nine years 17 Assistant Teachers have gone on to become qualified teachers at The Reach Free School, many of whom are still employed to this day. Equally, the role is suitable for someone with experience of working in a supportive role in a school environment.
The role has many aspects including:
- Being the form tutor of and offering pastoral support to a class of year 7 pupils
- Supporting a range of mixed ability pupils, to make more than expected progress
- Developing their understanding and application of reading, writing and speaking
- Delivering aspects of the curriculum including our PSHE programme and STEM activities
- Offering extra-curricular activities as part of our integrated programme
In return we will offer you:
- A happy and supportive working environment with high expectations and standards
- Opportunities to develop a broad range of skills in a vibrant and evolving environment
- Opportunities to progress to a career in teaching via the Schools Direct programme, where viable
- A network of outstanding practitioners to collaborate with and learn from
- A BUPA cash plan to contribute to medical care
The Reach Free School is a successful and growing secondary Free School, which opened in September 2013. The oversubscribed school is a popular choice for local families. In September 2018 the school moved into a brand new purpose built building right in the heart of the community that it serves. From September 2022 we will be adding an additional form of entry in year 7 taking us to five classes.
If the challenges of working to develop a local school appeal to you, then we would like to hear from you.
Further information is available from our website: www.thereachfreeschool.co.uk
Potential candidates are encouraged to contact The Reach Free School with any questions on 01923 711517 or via email to Mrs S Berman, Headteacher’s PA at email@example.com
The School reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the closing date of Monday 23rd May 2022 and early application is encouraged.
Closing date for applications: Apply by Monday 23rd May 2022
Interviews to take place: Thursday 26th May 2022
The Reach Free School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and expects all staff to share this commitment. In accordance with our Safer Recruitment Policy we are unable to process applications without a fully completed application form. The successful applicant must obtain DBS clearance at enhanced level. The school will also carry out a prohibition from teaching check. Non-disclosure may lead to termination of your employment.
Applying for the job
Candidates may apply for this position through our website or by emailing Mrs Samantha Berman at firstname.lastname@example.org with the school's application form.More on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The Reach Free School
- School type
- Free School, ages 11 to 18
- School size
- 666 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
The Reach Free School is an 11 to 18 school in Rickmansworth, which serves pupils of all backgrounds and abilities. Opened in September 2013, the school was founded by a group of teachers and local parents in response to a significant demand for more secondary school places in the area.
All involved with the school have high aspirations for our pupils and high expectations of them. As such we expect all pupils to:
- Commit their best efforts to all that they do
- Support each other to achieve their potential
- Work with their teachers to exceed their goals
- Demonstrate exemplary behaviour in all that they do
- Take pride in their school and its community within its walls and beyond
- Enjoy learning
The Reach Free School plays an active role in the community, working with local businesses, supporting local events and providing a hub for local services. Pupils are very much involved in the school’s wider responsibilities, developing skills in leadership and decision making, communication and collaboration and independent, self led learning.
A sense of purpose and responsibility pervades lessons and activities at The Reach Free School and it is important that our pupils recognise their own responsibilities as members of the community. It is this that underpins The Reach Free School’s ethos; Achievement, Community, Enjoyment – ACE.