Assistant Vice Principal with responsibility for Engagement
The Governors of DSTC wish to appoint an outstanding and committed professional with responsibility for Engagement. The candidate successfully appointed to the role of Assistant Vice Principal will need to:
• be passionate about working closely with all stakeholders.
• have successful teaching experience in more than one school.
• be an outstanding, innovative practitioner.
• feel confident in leading on improvements in attendance and careers provision.
• have experience in leading teams with evidence of securing strong outcomes for students.
• be a forward-thinking individual who is able to put policy into practice.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding classroom practitioner who has the ability and skills to shape our community engagement. They will also support improvements in rates of attendance, enhance the provision of careers and employer engagement and introduce a House System at DSTC. They will lead positively, professionally and enthusiastically.
Successful candidates must be secure in all aspects of the role of classroom teacher and have experience of sharing pedagogical success with evidence of impact. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a good and improving school with a dynamic Senior Leadership Team who are committed to improving the life chances for the girls that attend DSTC.
Essential educational requirements
A degree qualification in an appropriate subject.
Qualified Teacher Status.
Evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
Essential skills and experience
• Effective management of a successful team.
• At least two years’ successful middle/senior management experience.
• Track record of delivering outcomes for students at Key Stages 4 and 5.
• Innovation and creativity to engage, enthuse and progress learners.
• Partnership and team working.
• Developing and leading the implementation of strategies and CPD to achieve whole school improvement.
• Experience of managing change successfully.
About Dartford Science & Technology College
DSTC is a small, non-selective secondary school for girls in Dartford. We are family-centred with high aspirations and pride ourselves on having small average class sizes and excellent pastoral care. This is a place where "pupils achieve well and thrive" and "all groups of pupils achieve well" (Ofsted March 2017). Ofsted graded the school Good overall and Good in each category and noted that "there is a positive climate for learning throughout the school". Lessons at DSTC have a calm and purposeful atmosphere with the students showing a genuine interest in learning. Our teachers tell us they enjoy being able to teach and enable the students to learn with very little disruption. We are a Co-operative Trust school and are committed to supporting our workforce to be the best they can be. We can offer accelerated professional development with a personalised approach to developing all staff through coaching, mentoring and both internal and external training. Our new staff will have unparalleled opportunities to learn and bring excellent practice to bear in raising achievement for the students of DSTC.
- Heath Lane, Dartford, Kent, DA1 2LY
- LA Maintained School
- Dartford Science & Technology College website (opens in a new window)