St Aidan's Church of England High School, Harrogate, North Yorkshire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Lead Practitioners range 30 to Lead Practitioners range 34, £83,757 to £92,373|
What would you do with this rare opportunity to play a key leadership role within our School?
We are looking for an astute, aspirational senior leader to work with the Headteacher to influence, motivate and build on our School’s vision, ethos and values and further inspire our pupils and staff.
Set in the North Yorkshire town of Harrogate, St Aidan’s Church of England High School is a mixed secondary school with a thriving community of nearly 2000 students aged 11-19. Boasting one of the largest school-based sixth forms in the country, the pupil population is drawn from a wide geographical area across North and West Yorkshire. St Aidan’s converted to academy status in 2011 with Yorkshire Causeway Schools Trust being formed as a multi-academy trust in 2014.
Rated ‘outstanding’ by OFSTED, St. Aidan’s School is regularly ranked among the top comprehensive schools in the country and was awarded Teaching School Status in August 2015. Academically our School stands for excellence. An exceptional reputation and our Christian foundation are the reasons why we are so open to a fully inclusive model of education, enabling all children to fulfil their full potential whatever their starting points.
About the role
We are looking for an exceptional leader with a clear picture of outstanding practice and a desire to further develop your leadership skills. You will be committed to the personal, moral and social development of our students as well as to the very highest academic standards, within the context of our Christian ethos and values.
Whilst the Headteacher will continue to have overall strategy and statutory responsibility for the School, the appointed candidate will contribute significantly to the strategic management and operational activity of the School. The successful candidate will deputise for the Headteacher as required and will undertake an active and key role in the ongoing development of the School’s part in the Associated Sixth Form, Yorkshire Causeway Schools Trust and the Yorkshire Teaching School Alliance
You will act as an ambassador for the School and your role as an education professional in a highly respected organisation will require you to engage effectively across the education network locally.
For further information about the role and details of how to apply, please visit the School website www.staidans.co.uk/our-school/current-vacancies/
Essential educational requirements
- Graduate or equivalent
- Qualified Teacher status
- Evidence of continuous professional development including leadership and management, curriculum and teaching and learning
Essential skills and experience
The following skills and experience are essential. For full details please refer to the Person Specification on the school website.
- Commitment to promote and model the Christian vision that underpins the St. Aidan’s School Church of England Foundation.
- Highly effective and credible leader, who inspires the respect and support of others.
- Proven track record of secondary school senior leadership that has been highly effective in an organisation of significant scale and complexity.
- A strong belief in the ability of every student to achieve their potential and corresponding commitment to inclusion and pastoral care
- Demonstrable success in monitoring and raising of educational standards in a secondary school context
- A clear understanding of the current educational landscape, including issues specifically relating to multi academy trusts
- Demonstrable commitment to and experience of delivering high quality outcomes for pupils through organisational collaborations
|School type||Academy, Church of England|
|School size||1974 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||St Aidan's Church of England High School website (opens in a new window)|
Oatlands Drive, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG2 8JR